Hacking dstwo

BloodKil

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you do go for the dstwo, realhotstuff has them updated to the latest firmware (says the firmware version in big red letters at top of description on their site)

I just bought a dstwo 3 days ago for my neice at christmas since my son loves his so much.

noob killer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i actually read that review i guess what i meant is is it worthy of getting i mean the site im looking at its 9.99 compared to r4i gold which is 17.99 but what i dont get is in the description they make it sound better then the acekard 2i but its cheaper

Latiken

GBATemp's Epic Fusion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i actually read that review i guess what i meant is is it worthy of getting i mean the site im looking at its 9.99 compared to r4i gold which is 17.99 but what i dont get is in the description they make it sound better then the acekard 2i but its cheaper
I think it runs a modified version of Wood R4, an excellent firmware. Maybe this is why.

Reactions: noob killer

Edsonkye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why not find a reliable reseller from http://shoptemp.net/
Personally speaking, I would prefer the r4i gold 3ds from r4ids.cn, great compatibility but low price. It can work on the latest 3ds v4.5.0-10 without any updating.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
DO NOT GET THAT CARD. XPro doesn't know what he's talking about, do not listen to him.

1. It doesn't run "modified" Wood, it runs "hacked" Wood, which means it does NOT have official Wood support, and it could stop getting updates at any time. It's base is actually a very old version of Wood, with the updates taken from either the new loaders, or RGF's stuff (without permission). At any time either of these authors could edit the code so it doesn't run on clones, and then the Ace3DS wouldn't get updates anymore. Compare this to something like the r4ids.cn cart, which has official, direct support from YWG (the author of Wood).

2. The Ace3DS+ got a bronze award on GBAtemp for a reason. You'd know this if either of you actually read the review you talked about.
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/ace3ds-plus-review.331160/
    Compare this with the R4i Gold review, which got gold.
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/r4i-gold-3ds-compatible-review.293386/
    (The formatting's broken, but at the bottom you can see the gold review image posted.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: though if it s important to go online for a game I would much rather buy it