Votes: 99 81.8%

• Total voters

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I would like the DSTWO+ if wasn't a lazy DSTwo with a slapped on Gateway feature. So since it's already a Gateway clone, point goes to Gateway until Supercard becomes less lazy.

NicEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
A of now here are the data:
GW works
DSTWO+ might work

I would have waited to see if DSTWO+ would survive future GW firmwares before getting one.

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I havent tried the dstwo+ but i own a dstwo and a gateway and dstwo+ will probably mean huge battery drain because of the extra cpu

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love supercard always, even back in the day. Supercard did come first. In terms of power the ds2+ is better because of the dedicated processor and ram but in terms of....... I don't fucking know SHIPPING IS TAKING FOREVER! It's right there in nj taking forever

Last edited by xdarkmario,

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DSTwo+ Is objectively better at doing what it does then Gateway because Gateway itself is a dedicated 3DS flashcart that uses software hacks that are obfuscated with hardware to achieve the same things that CFW does. The DSTwo+ is technically much more impressive then the Gateway is by default- Supercard managed to combine functionality of both carts into one, and still cram the best DS Flashcart into it as well, with a dedicated CPU and RAM for enhanced DS features, and homebrew capability.

It's like comparing a shiny apple to a freshly picked orange that comes with a buy one get a not-so-shiny apple 90% off coupon. It's good if you like the oranges- but if you only wanted an apple you could've just bought the apple. Personally, I say you should buy the orange because the orange is delicious and just pick an apple from the tree yourself when you're ready, it's freshest that way.
The shiny apple is the Gateway
The fresh orange is the DS part of the DS2+
The not-so-shiny apple is the gateway plugin of the DS2+
The freshly picked apple is CFW.
It was a weird analogy but I didn't feel like scrapping the post so whatever, enjoy some apples and oranges.

Reactions: Deleted User

honyo29

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
A of now here are the data:
GW works
DSTWO+ might work

I would have waited to see if DSTWO+ would survive future GW firmwares before getting one.
it's have been blocked for awhile now since gw 3.5. maybe (hopefully) scteam is making their own launcher.

honyo29

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Yeah but GW warned non-legit users recently so maybe a new brick wave is coming. Only time will tell.
and that's why dstwo+ original launcher is crucial, and not modified launcher one.
i can see why people hate gw for brickway, but if they don't blame the clone company they have paid, they're idiots.
if brickway 2.0 is going to happen, all gw do is just waiting there with a knife, and sc team is a cab driver you actually pay to take you there.
people shouldn't bother with this shitty flashcart until they make their own launcher (yup, for now ds2+ is an awesome ds fc + half assed 3ds fc in one). and you won't be too late if you wait until it happen.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and that's why dstwo+ original launcher is crucial, and not modified launcher one.
i can see why people hate gw for brickway, but if they don't blame the clone company they have paid, they're idiots.
if brickway 2.0 is going to happen, all gw do is just waiting there with a knife, and sc team is a cab driver you actually pay to take you there.
people shouldn't bother with this shitty flashcart until they make their own launcher (yup, for now ds2+ is an awesome ds fc + half assed 3ds fc in one). and you won't be too late if you wait until it happen.
interesting. do you have a DS2+ ? i just want to know if there really any brick reports and how so?

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i responded to the post i quoted and i clearly said: "if brickway 2.0 is going to happen"
oh so none "yet". i was just chorus, i love my n3ds way too much

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I would say be careful with the dstwo+, it uses GW code. So there is a chance for more brickway stuff. I would not update GW past 3.4.1 to be safe.
so 3.4.1 is CONFIRMED safe?

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
oh so none "yet". i was just chorus, i love my n3ds way too much

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

so 3.4.1 is CONFIRMED safe?
It is the version before the DSTWO+ came out, I will not say it is 100% safe; but I will say that the brick chances are lower because of the timeframe.

Reactions: xdarkmario

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Someone has to delete Leo's thread to make him angry +2