1. Presto99

Presto99 You slammin, bro?

United States
    If you had read some of the posts above, maybe you would have seen that the software isn't really free. Pretty much everyone will be disappointed cause that.

2. Pendor

Pendor GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    It's not just capable. It was designed to avoid the hassle of re-encoding media (or at least that was the plan).

You're not exactly optimizing anything. If anything, you're degrading the feature you pretend to enhance.

At least to anyone with half a brain.

3. Kit_

Kit_ Member
    Newcomer

United States
    This was an awesome guide. Thank you for showing me how to conserve some space on my Micro SD card. Is there a way to boost the Audio on a video as I've noticed some movies are just too quiet. I know I could just use headphones but I'd like to know a solution if there is one.

I was able to find divx converter by simply going to the bay and searching for "divx converter"

4. zizer

zizer GBAtemp Addict

yes , audio is too quiet, waiting new version

5. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

United States
    RupeeClock, give SUPER another run?

In the video section on he right, you can click the little O button for other options, in there you can adjust the audio level.

6. RupeeClock

OP RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

I should definitely try and figure it out, it probably can out-put something just like the DivX converter, but it's just not so user friendly.
    All the more reason to make a guide though, it's free.

7. Jamstruth

Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

This kinda defeats the purpose of the video player supporting all formats if you have to convert anyway.. You may as well convert to dpg and use moonshell.

8. Pendor

Pendor GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Nope, you're not getting it. But it's okay, I wasn't expecting you to do it anyway.

9. Stevetry

Stevetry Most perverted person in GBATEMP
    Banned

pendor the ds is NOT HD or anything like that the ds Full screen resolution is 256 x 196 you say that rupeerclclok is lowering the videos quality and shit but the dstwo is going to do that anyway rupee is just doing it beforehand so that dstwo play the video more smooth

10. spinal_cord

spinal_cord Knows his stuff

The way I do it is as follows -

Download ffmpeg (a command line video converter) and use the following command to convert almost every video format to a good format for the dstwo. the conversion is very quick too.

ffmpeg -i "video name.flv" -f avi -s 256x144 -b 512k -bt 256k -vcodec libxvid -deinterlace -acodec libmp3lame -ar 32000 -ab 96k -ac 2 "output.avi"

the above is for widescreen videos, for 4:3 ratio just change the 256x144 to 256x192

11. zizer

zizer GBAtemp Addict

I would like to convert it was not necessary

12. spinal_cord

spinal_cord Knows his stuff

the dstwo will play quite a lot of videos without converting them, but at its fastest, the dstwo is only 396mhz and has no specific hardware for decoding movies. It is far better to convert movies to a smaller format so that less power is used to decode them (the battery may last longer this way) and there is less frame skip or errors during playback.

13. RupeeClock

OP RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

The DSTwo also lacks a way of making the video look smoother when downscaled, so downscaling it before-hand during a conversion will definitely make the video look much nicer, as well as the advantage of saving memory space.

14. zizer

zizer GBAtemp Addict

I agree you are right, just wanted to quickly write and go

15. smithereens

smithereens Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Super is just a front end to ffmpeg, so it should be capable of the same thing.

I think only DivX converter plus is available these days, so the previous remark about the plus version maybe not converting below a min size that is too large for the DS might be a problem.

Has anyone really tried ffmpeg vs. FormatFactory (using ffmpeg command line as shown in previous post) and compared?

Has anyone tried DivX Converter (not free though) vs. either ffmpeg or FormatFactory?

16. MST3KPIMP

MST3KPIMP Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm trying to transfer a couple of .avi files 30fps from my Canon digital camera to the DSTwo but when I play them in Video Player it just goes to the first frame and stays there. I tried converting the video to divx and xvid and changing resolution but nothing changes. Any speculation what the problem is?

17. Terminator02

Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
    does it play normally on your computer?

18. MST3KPIMP

MST3KPIMP Member
    Newcomer

United States

yes they play fine.. i even did a codec check and it uses 'mjpeg' which i'm pretty sure dstwo supports. But like I said it would'nt work even after recompensing using different codecs. I don't know if canon puts some kind of special coding in the .avi to make things hard for me>?

19. steveroo

steveroo GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I used your settings for encoding with
    Pazera Free FLV to AVI Converter

and it worked flawlessly. Now I can watch any youtube video on the dstwo

20. Jakob95

Jakob95 I am the Avatar
    Suspended

United States
    Whats the point of converting isn't that the point of the DStwo video player? If you were going to convert then you could have done it to DPG format and use Moonshell.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Optimisation, Player, DStwo