dstwo stretch res mode on 3ds?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by ssahnan, Mar 28, 2011.

Mar 28, 2011

dstwo stretch res mode on 3ds? by ssahnan at 1:14 AM (1,375 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. ssahnan
    OP

Newcomer ssahnan Member

United States
    i guess ds carts come in a stretched resolution when played on the 3ds and start or select need to be held down when the cart is started to get back to its native resolution which gives you black bars ont he sides. when you use a dstwo ont he 3ds, it comes in its native resolution anyway. anyone know how you can flip the dstwo ds roms to stretched mode?

nm, i was rong on some of what i said and i figured out the rest after that

2. ShawnTRods

Member ShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    So it works like any normal DS game?

3. ssahnan
    OP

Newcomer ssahnan Member

United States
    by stretched i assumed it meant stretched the whole screen like tvs do with low res content. but what it does is it stretches it to two square blockes, one top one bottom using as much of the res of the screen it can while preserving the aspect ration on ds games. when kickstarted to native, something the dstwo can do as well, the screen real estate is so small its not functional. what i was seeing originally and thought could be stretched more was in fact already at a stretched res

4. DiscostewSM

Member DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    It acts like any other DS game, so the image is stretched with the aspect ratio intact.