DSTWO SNES emulator too fast

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by mashers, Jul 14, 2015.

1. mashers
    OP

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    Hi all

Just got my DSTWO flashcard set up on my UK New 3DS. Updated the firmware to the latest version, installed the latest OS on the card, installed the SNES emulator plugin and copied over my DS and SNES ROMs. I'm impressed with the emulator, but have found that it runs a bit fast. In Donkey Kong Country, for example, the music is faster than normal, the sprites move more quickly, and finer movements such as turning round on the edge of a ledge cause the character to fall off because it moves too quickly. The ROMs were all ripped from my PAL SNES carts which play normally on a real SNES, and also ran at normal speed (though choppy) under snemulDS running from an R4i on my 3DS. So, has anyone had the same problem with a DSTWO and/or know how to solve it?

TIA!

2. machomuu

machomuu Drops by occasionally

Sep 4, 2009
    United States
    The Courtroom
    Are you using the SNES emulator from DSTWO's website or CATSFC? CATSFC's better in every imaginable way, so if you haven't made the switch, you should. It might just fix your problem.

mech and mashers like this.
  3. mashers
    OP

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    Aha! I was using NDSSFC from DSTWO's web site, but after reading your post I downloaded CATSFC and installed it. This emulator is much, much better! It's almost totally smooth now and running at exactly the correct speed! Trust me, I know DKC inside and out ;)

Thank you for your helpful reply! :)