Hacking dstwo possibly died?

Pythonidae

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have a Supercard Dstwo which I have been running on my 3DS XL( firmware 6.2.0-12) without a problem.

However, yesterday after not even touching my 3DS for some time(2 weeks or so) it seems my dstwo will not boot up anymore.

It just keeps getting the "an error has occurred/turn of system" error message, tried blowing into the slot and such but it keeps giving me the message.

Now like I said it worked perfectly before, it already had the latest firmware/EOS and the same goes for my 3DS. So it's not a firmware/update problem.

So the question is, can the dstwo just suddenly break even if I hadn't used it in a while and the last time that I actually did use it, it worked?

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
sounds like the MicoSD card is dieing
as the Error Occurred screen means it could not pass the data to the 3DS from MicroSD with the DSTwo

try a different MicroSD

(also for note a Dead Flashcard will not show up on the Home Menu, thats how you tell its dead or got a contact issue)

Pythonidae

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Alright, I will try that.

Just to note though, that MicroSD card works just fine when I plug it into my pc.

EDIT: Alright I tried a different MicroSD card and it's giving me the same message.

I also tried the dstwo in my old DSi and it gives the same error on that as well.

Pythonidae

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
justinwebb

I have already tried it on my old DSi, it gives the same message.

Isaac

No, like I said my dstwo and 3ds were already on the latest firmware and worked fine, until one day it just stopped working.

Pong20302000

Tried it, didn't solve it.

-------

I get that my supercard is probably broken, since it doesn't even work on my DSi and I've tried several other sd cards with it.

I just find it weird that it worked fine and then one day after I hadn't even touched it in a while it just stops working for no apparent reason.

Oracycosis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine started getting the constant error messages around the same time I noticed the front/back pieces were starting to come loose. I took it apart (screw wasn't even holding anything in place), put a bit of superglue around the edges and put it back together. Haven't had the same issues since. You can also try pushing the two sides together while putting the card in the slot. If you can get it to boot properly while trying that, you'll probably have to do the same thing I did.

Pythonidae

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The screw is still holding it together and it doesn't seem like the front/back pieces are coming loose.

But oh well, I just accepted the fact that for some reason my supercard won't work anymore.

Not too big of a loss since I hardly play regular ds games on it anymore.

Thx for all the help though guys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.