DStwo Plus not recognized as inserted

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Slothbox, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Slothbox
    OP

Slothbox Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2015
    United States
    My card is brand new, so this may be my fault. My card froze when programming the Gateway emu so I rebooted, and now my it says no cart inserted. I know it isn't my 2DS because everything else works when inserted. Is there anyway I can fix this?

And I have tried formatting my sd card and puttin the plugins back on. My firmware is also compatible. Is there any kind of dock station for these cartridges?

2. doctorgoat

doctorgoat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 3, 2015
    United States
    I have to reinsert my DSTwo a few times usually.

3. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Addict

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    I think your DSTwo is probably gone. Sorry. It sounds like the flashcard circuit burned out.

4. Slothbox
    OP

Slothbox Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2015
    United States
    Is a few about a hundred?
    I didn't think this was possible with new carts... I guess the next step in my life is to deal with Chinese returns.

5. Olmectron

Olmectron GBAtemp Addict

Dec 31, 2012
    Mexico
    A game
    I'm not completely sure. This happened to me with two of the original DSTwo. Once for abusing the RealTime saving feature, and the second one because battery ran out when playing with RealTime generated cheats. Fortunately for me, each of them lasted me around one year.

6. marioguy234

marioguy234 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2015
    Canada
    somewhere near Celadon City
    Have you tried formattin your sd card? wait nvm

7. wiiNinja

wiiNinja GBAtemp Fan

Jan 13, 2009
    United States
    My new DSTwo+ is also very flaky. I've tried with different SD cards and different 3DS(es), but the icon in the game slot would show up briefly and then goes away. I wonder if the card has a cold solder join, or if it has some sort of power issue. I'm trying to return this thing and get a Gateway instead.

8. xdarkmario

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    Mines is also like that. Don't give up on it. I once even had a issue of I programed it to gw mode and it would not register as a ds flash cart anymore. And it is very temperamental. Sometimes I pull it out and put it back many times and it does not show up. Bit blowing the cart and the 3ds slot works sometimes, or putting it in and lightly pressing on the back of the system.

Last edited by xdarkmario, Dec 6, 2015
  9. qproject

qproject GBAtemp Regular

Mar 12, 2015
    Canada
    My DStwo Plus also froze on me when installing the exploit but closing the lid and re-open the lid fixes that just like when you setup Gateway.

10. dilav

dilav GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 22, 2006
    United States
    Any chance the supercard is suffering from a contact issue similiar to the acekard/paper trick

11. wdflick

wdflick Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    United States
    I had this issue and fixed it. dilav was on to something, and it wasn't the card's contact with the DS that was the issue, but rather the micro SD card's contact. I put the corner of a business card in behind the micro SD card and cut off the rest of it and now it reliably works every time! It's going to be annoying to set up again as I copy stuff onto and off of it, but in the meantime it works for me.

Quantumcat likes this.
  12. jamie35

jamie35 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2015
    please help i just installed the gw simulator on my dstwo+ and now the card dosent work need to take it out and put it in 20 times sometimes to get the card to regester when it is reconised there is no problem with it