Hacking DSTwo patch

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
all ds game not region locked including pokemon B & W 2? but I thought ds game are region locked.
->
Comparison_of_Nintendo_portable_consoles
Comparison_of_Nintendo_portable_consoles
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Nintendo_portable_consoles

the below said that it is region locked?

DSi Enhanced games are region locked unless specified as region free on the cart
(Black and white 2 where region locked in Japan, the USA and EUR release where region free)

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
As long as it doesn't have DSi functionality.
Edit: This is only for legit games though. Your DStwo can play whatever you want without having to worry about regions (except 3DS games of course)

Raivex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
As long as it doesn't have DSi functionality.
Edit: This is only for legit games though. Your DStwo can play whatever you want without having to worry about regions (except 3DS games of course)
you can play the DSi enchanced games only in DS Mode
so you wont get any of the extra DSi features

not really sure about the DSi function, but i am planning to get R4i gold 3ds for the flashcart

Raivex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
And all of them work in DS-mode, which means they all act as if you're playing them in an original DS, meaning no DS ROM played on the DSTwo or R4i Gold will have region-lock active.
Yeap, that is nice, will play DS games meanwhile i m raising money to get 3DS games.

And one thing, can someone confirm that do the R4i GOLD 3DS from http://www.r4ids.cn/ will update its latest kernel or firmware to support 3DS V4.4.0-10 before shipping it out? Because it will be a bit troublesome if it didnt.
Thx

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeap, that is nice, will play DS games meanwhile i m raising money to get 3DS games.

And one thing, can someone confirm that do the R4i GOLD 3DS from http://www.r4ids.cn/ will update its latest kernel or firmware to support 3DS V4.4.0-10 before shipping it out? Because it will be a bit troublesome if it didnt.
Thx
That you have to confirm with the site you are getting it from. But reputable ones usually do from what I can remember.

Raivex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Honestly, I cannot guarantee but I will assume they do as many people purchase from there. Don't think I have heard of anyone complaining about that yet. Do you have any friends with a DS lite or anything? If yes, then worst case scenario, just borrow from them and update.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country

Raivex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Honestly, I cannot guarantee but I will assume they do as many people purchase from there. Don't think I have heard of anyone complaining about that yet. Do you have any friends with a DS lite or anything? If yes, then worst case scenario, just borrow from them and update.
worst scenario is that i am only planning to buy a 3ds and none of my friends own a dsi, really sad.

Raivex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
it confirms on the page

zhuzhuchina • 16 days ago
they are already last version
ciao

so yes there are on the latest update
oh, haha, didnt see that, thx for pointing that out. Well then how long will the promo last? I might need 2 or 3 days more to confirm buy that.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
worst scenario is that i am only planning to buy a 3ds and none of my friends own a dsi, really sad.
What I would do is buy the 3DS first. Then confirm the firmware. Then buy the flashcart. Cos Nintendo recently updates quite often so if you get your flashcart way earlier than your 3DS, that would be a problem even if zhuzhuchina updates for you. Shipping for the flashcart is quite fast anyway. :)

Raivex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
What I would do is buy the 3DS first. Then confirm the firmware. Then buy the flashcart. Cos Nintendo recently updates quite often so if you get your flashcart way earlier than your 3DS, that would be a problem even if zhuzhuchina updates for you. Shipping for the flashcart is quite fast anyway. :)
but if through airmail, need one month from china to here?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey