Hacking DSTWO Keeps Corrupting

DanielMcflyPears

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i got my supercard dstwo today and i had all the files set up downloaded from the official site and i was happy i got it working straight away... so i turned it off and added some gba games and snes games ...they both worked so i was happy so then i took it out put the ds games on ..this is where it went wrong i get a "no find system files " error so i think oh ill just turn it off and back on ..nope took it out put it on my pc to see that it had deleted everything basicly every time i took it out and put it back in (safely of course) it just comes up saying i need to reformat it .. so i did it with the panasonic sdformatter program ..put everything back and same again .. .reformatted ..this time i took out the ds rom and ...by my suprise the card worked ...i really need help with this ..i am so confused as why a ds flash card corrupts the sd card and doesnt play what its supposed to play ..i am limited to only gba and snes games currently

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Make sure you are not filling up the SD card to its maximum capacity, since it needs extra space to function properly and to create save files.

DanielMcflyPears

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i tested it by just putting in one nds file and it still does it i then just did it barebones with the _ds2 folder and the .dat file and it works ... ive made sure not to fill the card ..its annoying that every time i put a nds file on it just goes nope and corrupts the card again

DanielMcflyPears

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
okay new card different error ..now its loading the ds games ..not corrupting thank god ..but then when i put the snes roms on error ..but no corruption :S

Edit: oh also the one that is working-ish is a basic 512mb sandisk micro sd but the one that keeps corrupting is an 8gb kingston class 4 card could it be the make of card ?

edit edit: copied the files from the 512 onto the 8gb and it just errors and corrupts ..so would you say i get a sandisk ? or just return the dstwo ?

DanielMcflyPears

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ive done that 3 times already and no luck ... straight from the site ive added the new file onto both cards and it seems like they are both fine until you add either a snes rom or a ds rom ..the 512mb one runs with ds roms but errors when snes ones are added but doesnt corrupt ..but the 8gb one runs snes roms but errors on ds roms and corrupts the card into needing a reformat :\

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
I dunno what to suggest then, maybe email the seller and explain the problem, they may offer a replacement DSTWO.

EDIT: Typo

DanielMcflyPears

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hmm..i was hoping that wouldn't be my last resort ...im tempted just to buy a gba and a gba flash cart ..would be much easier in the end ..haha i have an acekard but i was hoping by using the supercard id eliminate the need to have a gba and ds flash cart and just have the one ... ah well thanks for the help guys

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
hmm..i was hoping that wouldn't be my last resort ...im tempted just to buy a gba and a gba flash cart ..would be much easier in the end ..haha i have an acekard but i was hoping by using the supercard id eliminate the need to have a gba and ds flash cart and just have the one ... ah well thanks for the help guys

I'm sure i've gone through all the options for your issue, but i wouldn't be happy if i had purchased a dodgy cart as you seem to have.

I would be contacting the place of purchase and asking them to advise.

DanielMcflyPears

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
okay update ..changed the snes emu to another one and it works! everything sofar works ...but its on the 512 card ..its a sandisk though so do you think buying an 8 gb sandisk sdcard would be better than using the kingston ..most of the sites i see selling dstwos seem to sell sandisks with them so ..maybe they are supported more :S ?

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
okay update ..changed the snes emu to another one and it works! everything sofar works ...but its on the 512 card ..its a sandisk though so do you think buying an 8 gb sandisk sdcard would be better than using the kingston ..most of the sites i see selling dstwos seem to sell sandisks with them so ..maybe they are supported more :S ?

So you have it working now....good

As for a brand of microSD, i would suggest a Transcend Class 6

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs