XP
Country
United States
I'm at work now, but here's what I'll be testing later:

300 MB HD .mkv (With subtitles)
50 MB HQ .mp4
50 MB HQ .flv
180 MB LQ .avi

And whatever else I have on my HDD. I'll also list what codecs they use as well.

steves334

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kyste said:
Brilliant. Now all we need is an icon that's not utt-ugly.

its not that bad. i kinda like it. in fact, you are the one thats ass ugly. no wait, anus ugly. hairy brown shitty anus.

steves334

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
i would appreciate it if all if you would be willing to PM me what file types you tested. i am already starting to gather information for the revirew supplement.

cheers,
-another world

w0rd.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
After alot of testing, this is a brief impression of it.
As far as compatibility goes, it's exactly the same as iPlayer's version. However, the files it runs great, they run slightly better on this one. Which I'm assuming is because the processor is stronger.
What I mainly wanted to check was how MPEG-4 ran compared to iPlayer's version, since that's the usual codec for anime in their MKV containers.
I tested 400p, 480p and 720p. They all worked, but very slow and was unwatchable.

So I'm pretty disappointed to see something that has been out for over a year already with no major improvements whatsoever.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Killermech said:
As far as compatibility goes, it's exactly the same as iPlayer's version. However, the files it runs great, they run slightly better on this one. Which I'm assuming is because the processor is stronger.
What I mainly wanted to check was how MPEG-4 ran compared to iPlayer's version, since that's the usual codec for anime in their MKV containers.
I tested 400p, 480p and 720p. They all worked, but very slow and was unwatchable.

So I'm pretty disappointed to see something that has been out for over a year already with no major improvements whatsoever.
the changes in the latest beta version were pretty heavy: subtitle support, FLV fixes and more...
I think thats pretty good. If you already have an iPlayer flashcard i don't know if it's worth changing but honestly I don't see anything to complain about.
The 400p file and 480p files were laggy?

Killermech

Cookie Monster
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Costello said:
Killermech said:

the changes in the latest beta version were pretty heavy: subtitle support, FLV fixes and more...
I think thats pretty good. If you already have an iPlayer flashcard i don't know if it's worth changing but honestly I don't see anything to complain about.
The 400p file and 480p files were laggy?

Well, FLV is kind of a container as well. So it depends on what codec it's using, same as MKV, but not to the same extension. Subtitle support has already been in iPlayer's version for a year.
MPEG-4 400p and 480p were 'choppy', like it was running at 4fps. I'm still plenty happy with my DSTWO purchase, although I already own an iPlayer. The possibilities that little baby has
with its processor and the attention it's getting in the homebrew department, can only get better as it goes on. Which is the main reason I bought iPlayer, in which we know how that went.

Atleast I won't have to change carts when I want to watch video or play games now
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: