Dstwo+ for gba games on 3ds

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by MADacoda, Apr 30, 2016.

1. MADacoda
    OP

MADacoda Member

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2002
    Netherlands
    Leiden, NL
    Hello all,

I am trying to make a choice between replacing my broken ds lite to play gba roms with my old cyclo ds or getting a dstwo+ to emulate gba games on my 3ds. According to the compatibility list most of the games I am interested in work on one of the emulators. But I still have some questions I hope you guys can answer.

How is the speed and responsiveness of the emulated gba games on the dstwo+ compared to using the cyclods and ezflash on the ds lite?
    Is the any information about a potential update to the gba emulators on dstwo+ that take advantage of the better cpu and the bigger amount of ram compared to the normal dstwo?

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Regards

2. Evilengine

Evilengine GBAtemp Regular

Jan 30, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Honestly, if you will spent so much money for a DS and a Flashlinker, think twice. Your main focus is GBA gaming. The ideal option to play GBA is... a GBA SP AGS101(60-100€) or maybe a regular GBA modded with an AGS 101 screen(100€+), if you prefer the form! Together with an EZ-Flash IV(40€+8gb mSD) you can enjoy GB/GBC and close to all GBA titles perfectly, without any lag PLUS the screen has the perfect resolution, so it looks far superior to 3DS-GBA. DS Lite is ok for it, but I always thought the second screen is too much for one screen games. Only Pokemon games won't have the real Time Clock.

3. MADacoda
    OP

MADacoda Member

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2002
    Netherlands
    Leiden, NL
    I already got the CycloDS Evolution and the ezflash V. The only expense would be buying a good second hand DS lite for 20-30 euros.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice