Hacking DSTWO Bricked...?

Kevy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought this card a few months ago and updated then and everything worked fine on my 3DS. A few weeks ago I updated the 3DS software first (4.5.0-10E). I tried to play on the DSTWO but it didn't work. Then found out there was a Firmware update (1.19) so I downloaded it and put it in the root of the SD card and changed the file to "dstwoupdateb.dat".

Now my 3DS won't recognise the card, as in, the game card won't appear on my 3DS so I can't open it. I put it in a cousin's DSLite but it didn't show up. I thought it was bricked so I tried to unbrick it by doing the PART 2 method (http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-8384-1-3.html) but when I pressed the B button, nothing worked even after 15 min of leaving it after I pressed the button. I now can't use my cousin's DSLite as it was a once a year visit.

So, is there a way I can fix this with just a 3DS and DSTWO card?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Did you wait five minutes at the home screen the first time you put the dstwoupdateb.dat file on? Because that's when it's flashing the update. If you cut it off or ejected it early then, that means you bricked it.

You will need an older DS or DS Lite (no DSi or 3DS will work) and a second flash cart to unbrick it.

Jonas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WHY don't they tell you about that 5 minutes at the homepage of DSTWO ?! I had the card for a year and it worked well .. but after an update to (4.5.0-10E) as Kevy..It's not working !
I tried all as it sas on theire homesite but nothing work...!?
I had a 3ds that red it and updated the card.. but it still didn't work after that.. And when I was goin to try the other option with 2 cards it didnt red it at the other 3ds either...

Any fast suggestions of what to do with mydstwo card ?
I think its bricked.. It sas.. "An error has occured.... turn of the power"....
I put a lot of hours on it allready...

My younger son has M3... I just upgraded it and it worked.. thinking of getting another m3 and put this Dstwo in the trash... Saving a lot of time i guess...

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Their home page doesn't mention the five minute wait because the five minute wait is not needed with the standard update process.
http://eng.supercard.sc/manual/dstwo/download.htm
See?

The couple-minute wait is only needed with the secondary update process, which is on their forums (since it's an emergency update), and the forums mention it there.
http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-8832-1-1.html
Even with bold red text.

You shouldn't have updated your 3DS. The "An error has occurred" is the message you get when the DSTwo is blocked from running on that 3DS. You just need to update the DSTwo properly.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
you can try updating the DStwo by booting an update flasher on the M3 and then switching the card and it will update the DSTwo
this has to be done on a DS Phat or Lite tho, cannot be done on a DSi or 3DS

everything you need to know is posted on there forums
the method i suggested i linked bellow
http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-9738-1-1.html

Jonas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK....

I'm not very good at english but I will try again and do what you suggests... (Rydian and Pong..)
I know I'm not supposed to update the 3ds... and I havent done that for almost a year.. but once and a while there are games that you like to have in original... And when you put a new original game in the 3ds you are forced to update it to be able to play the game.. At least it prompts for it when you started the new bought game.. Or can I go around it ?

thanx for the answers Pog and Rydian...

(I love technical stuff but sometimes it is to much)

Jonas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok....

A strange thing happend... I tried it on another 3ds wich has NOT been updated and then the Dstwo updated...After it updated I put it in and placed the games in the NDS folder...
and happy I thoght that it would work agatn...
But it still sad "an error had occured" at the updated 3ds...
When I tried it at the non updated 3ds same massege appierd... !?
I dont understand how the DSTWO card (or any other flasch card either ) works..
Do the DSTWO makes the non updated 3ds block the DSTWO ?!
Are there any software IN the DSTWO itself ?
(The software is at the micro sd )

Don't expect to get it all explained but I think it's easier to solve the problems (all problems) the more facts one got...

This is by the way a GREAT site !!

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Firmware updates end up in the DSTwo itself, not the MicroSD.
http://gbatemp.net/topic/315784-flash-carts-and-dsi3ds-updates/
You run the update file from the MicroSD, but then the update copies itself to the inside of the DSTwo.

if the DSTwo updated, it's because it detected an update file on the MicroSD. If it updated and then stopped working, it sounds like you updated to an older firmware, I don't know if it tries to stop you from doing that or not. Did you pay attention to which firmware version it said was on there, and which one it was upgrading to?

Jonas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok... then I see...
No I did not noticed what firmware version there was or what it uppgraded to...
Does this mean that my DSTWO not is bricked... That I just don't has the right firmware ?
But now I have to get a console that can update my DSTWO...?!
If I formate my microsd and put in Eos and the latest firmware ANd then get hold of a unupdated consol it should work ?

Jonas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How can I see whaversion I have in 3ds consol !? I can find 4.1.0-6E .. when I go in to systemfolder....
I upgraded the console last week.. and I find versions like 4.2.x and newer omn the net.. ?! Shouldn't I have the latest version at the consol if I updated it last week ?

Many questions.. I hope some kind soul could answer so I can get my DSTWO working again...

Jonas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok....
I tried it all and now I got it working again !!
Thanx for youre help Rydian...
It was like you said I had an old firmware when I uppgraded..

If anyone else dummie (like me) has the same problem... " an error occured...etc "

Formate youre sd card.. ( Put the games and savefiles in a map in youre hd on the computer )
Then install the latest Eos and then the latest fireware.. http://eng.supercard.sc/manual/dstwo/download.htm
put it all in the root at youre sd.
THEN rename youre updatefile dstwoupdate.dat to dstwoupdateb.dat
After you done this you put the sdcard in the flash card and put it in your'e consol....
Now the same massege will appear.. BUT WAIT FOR 3-5 minutes.. Then you turn of the power and take out the flashcard..
Take the sdcard and put it in your'e computer and remove the updatfile that you renamed...
Put the games back in the sdcard..
Then you can put the sdcard back in the flashcard and just enyoj the DSTWO again !!...

Jonas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok.. hen I understands that to...
So the best is to update youre DSTWO once and a while if one is buying a original game then and then...
And as I learned from this lesson.. Update the DSTWO BEFORE you put in the original game.. :o)

Dakaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Ok....
I tried it all and now I got it working again !!
Thanx for youre help Rydian...
It was like you said I had an old firmware when I uppgraded..

If anyone else dummie (like me) has the same problem... " an error occured...etc "

Formate youre sd card.. ( Put the games and savefiles in a map in youre hd on the computer )
Then install the latest Eos and then the latest fireware.. http://eng.supercard.sc/manual/dstwo/download.htm
put it all in the root at youre sd.
THEN rename youre updatefile dstwoupdate.dat to dstwoupdateb.dat
After you done this you put the sdcard in the flash card and put it in your'e consol....
Now the same massege will appear.. BUT WAIT FOR 3-5 minutes.. Then you turn of the power and take out the flashcard..
Take the sdcard and put it in your'e computer and remove the updatfile that you renamed...
Put the games back in the sdcard..
Then you can put the sdcard back in the flashcard and just enyoj the DSTWO again !!...

I did the exact same steps, not working...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu