DSTwo Blackscreen on n3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by onepiecefreak, Nov 5, 2016.

1. onepiecefreak
    OP

onepiecefreak The Special One

Aug 12, 2015
    Germany
    Hi there,

I have a DSTwo (non plus) for my 3DS systems. It has the EOS version 1.41.
    Now I wanted to start it on my n3DS with a9lh installed, but I'm getting just a blackscreen. My console is also freezed and can only be powered off by holding the power button. I tried to start the DSTwo through the EmuNand (latest FW EUR) with GW (latest update) and Luma3DS (v6.3.1).
    I also tried to start it with Luma3DS SysNand (9.0.0-20E).

But now comes the puzzle. I have an old3DS on FW 9.2.0-20E and the DSTwo works flawlessly.

So the error isn't the card itself nor the microSD (16GB class10) nor the EOS, but the n3DS.
    Could you help me to fix that problem? Do I have to patch something in case of a n3DS to use DS flashcards?

Thx in advance.

Last edited by onepiecefreak, Nov 6, 2016
  2. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    @onepiecefreak
    Okay firstly, you can't play DS(i) in Gateway mode. So that's normal.

If you can't play DS games under luma3DS it's likely because you've modified your TWLFIRM in the past, and luma doesn't play nice with prepatched FIRMS.

Follow @Plailect's troubleshooting guide and install the files as instructed. Everything should work as expected afterwards :)

I've done this myself so I know it should work.

3. onepiecefreak
    OP

Aug 12, 2015
    Germany
    Oh, in GW mode it won't work anyways? Good to know. And as far as I remember I didn't patched my TWLFIRM. But I will see if that's really true.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Sorry, but it didn't work. I installed the 5 cia's as mentioned under "Broken DS functionality". After that I tried to start my DSTwo, but the same black screen and freeze occured.

4. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
  5. onepiecefreak
    OP

Aug 12, 2015
    Germany
    Huh? I said in my first post that I have a9lh already installed.

6. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    I read bits and pieces of it. I have stuff going on IRL, hard to focus.
    If it still works on another system, try updating the firmware of the DSTwo.

7. onepiecefreak
    OP

Aug 12, 2015
    Germany
    It is already updated to the newest EOS v1.41.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Ok, I got it to work. I didn't know it was such a big deal but I use an a9lh bootloader. I just read that Luma3DS has problems with RAM access and something like that if a custom path isn't given when using a bootloader. I just activated the option "Use custom path" and wrote the path of the luma.bin in there. And now my DSTwo boots perfectly.

Thx for the help anyways.