DSTwo & 3ds updates

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Marcus Aseth, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Marcus Aseth
    OP

Marcus Aseth Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2013
    Italy
    Hi guys,I have a question :)

I know it is said to turn off the 3ds WiFi connection if one is going to use the DSTwo with it,to avoid complications,but I was wondering, how does the 3ds update happen if I let the WiFi turned on?

I guess that the console need to be turned on in order for the update to take place (seems obvious),but, this update starts automatically & maybe in the background,or it asks me for confirmation & let me choose to don't do it if I don't want?

Bottom line is,what happen if I am using the DSTwo & I turn on wi-fi? There is a way that allows me to use both my DSTwo & 3ds internet browser without problems? :)

2. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    There's some option in the settings somewhere to turn off automatic updates, don't remember where exactly, since I just went in there once to set it when I first got my 3DS. I always do that first on anything I get, even PC's and PC software, I just don't like things updating without me initiating it.

3. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    It downloads it in the background, then asks you to update whenever you turn it on (or when the 3DS thinks you're not doing anything important).

4. Marcus Aseth
    OP

Marcus Aseth Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2013
    Italy
    There is a guide somewhere that show the process? Since my 3ds is japanese & my japanese is still bad,I cannot simply do it without some instructions ^_^'

5. cs_lee

cs_lee Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2013
    Senegal
    I can't download the mario & luigi demo because system need me to update the firmware.
    Currently on 4.4 u
    If I update, will it update to the latest firmware of 6.2u?

6. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Any eshop stuff will always update you to the latest at the moment.