Hacking DStwo 3DS Problem, DSi Xl No Problem

Thingmaker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got my DStwo yesterday, and spend about 10 hours so far trying to solve this problem including half that time with google searches. Maybe someone can help? I have a DSI XL and a recently purchased 3DS XL (the one that came with Mario Kart from Best Buy). My 3DS XL is version 4.5, but I understood that the DSTwo was already updated to work, so I was hopeful. I downloaded the firmware v1.1.9 and Dstwo v1.11_20120_1030 files, put them on the root as instructed, and popped the card into my DSi XL - it updated smoothly, and ran immediately off that system. I then popped it into my 3DS Xl, and no icon. I popped it in and out a few times, and the icon finally showed., but after launching I got the standard error screen with the power down warning. I powered back up but now the icon wasn't there again.

I was thinking, OK, it's not making contact perhaps. So, I cut a piece of very think plastic out, slid it in with the cartridge, and now the icon showed first try. I reset the machine to start from scratch and the icon remained intact -- a good sign. Start it up, and now I'm getting blank screens: White on bottom, black on upper. I tried two different sd cards, 16GB and 4GB, same problems. I formatted with the Panasonic formatter, same problems. Any ideas at all? I used DHL to get this guy here quick. I didn't want to use this exclusively on my DSI XL, I already have an Acekard 2i for that one (I only wish those guys would have updated that card). Thanks in advance!

Thingmaker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, Rydian - never gave that thought because it runs flawlessly on my DSi XL, but it maybe the 3DS XL is more finicky about it. I wonder if I need to slide some paper into the MicroSD slot.. a double paper trick... not pretty, but whatever will work at this point.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Same happened to me. Press the cart down into the 3DS while booting the supercard. Don't press too hard, but use a little pressure, right until its at the point before it ejects. There are occasional issues between the cart and the 3DS, and this trick always helps me.

Thingmaker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same happened to me. Press the cart down into the 3DS while booting the supercard. Don't press too hard, but use a little pressure, right until its at the point before it ejects. There are occasional issues between the cart and the 3DS, and this trick always helps me.

Thanks! So you're saying press the sd card into the supercard while it's booting?

Thingmaker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the double post; just wanted to report back that none of these options seemed to work out for me. My DStwo just does not want to work with a 3DSXL (and I tried my neighbors). I'm guessing this is an isolated incident - thinking about ordering a second one.. well at least it works on my DSiXL --- thanks for the tips anyway!

Thingmaker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mmmm just ordered the DSTwo I hope this issue doesn't happen to me...

I hope for your sake it doesn't either. I've exhausted all options - probably just my DStwo. I'm using it exclusively on my DSi XL now, which wasn't the original plan. So, I ordered a cheap R4 Gold and will now try this option. I really want to use the 3DS XL for everything..

Thingmaker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ryanlaw: Thanks, but I wouldn't be able to return it. The tiny screw popped out, and I also decided to shave some of the plastic near the contact (to see if it would make better contact). No changes.. only works on DSiXl.

I purchased an R4Gold from DSFlashcart -- and it worked on my 3DS without a hitch. I'm good now!

Monster3ds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
had you tried this method to recovery your dstwo ?

1.use NDS and any a card that can work well on NDS,here i named A card,download A card firmware and unzip it,open the folder and copy the root files into your micro sd card.2.download dstwo_load_NDSL , unzip it,open the folder and put the root file on sd card as well.3. power on your DSL console with A card . Run the dstwo_load_NDSL.nds file .4.Remove A card, and put in supercard dstwo with the sd card prepared before. (Prepare a sd card which has dstwo kernel. dstwo update firmware and the dstwo_load_NDSL. Insert the sd card into your supercard dstwo.) Press B to continue. The card will update itself, after finished, your card will work on your console again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I cant tell what my favorite N64 game is