Does that mean its a "real dstt" but the chip is not known

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think it means that it doesn't know if it's real or not. Check the FAQ for other ways to tell if it's a fake, or just use the fake-killer disabled firmware and don't worry about it.

-Bri

niu

OP
Trophies
Website
blog.sina.com.tw
XP
Country
United States
lukands said:
what if it says "unknown device : FF90FFFF"
Where the chip should say "INTEL 28F160B3T"

It still says "Good"

Does that mean its a "real dstt" but the chip is not known

DsttFlashChecker.nds is check flash rom type & bootloader status. Good (clean) or bad (mess up). not real/fake check program.

New fake DSTT can bypass fake killer code & FakeDetector.
You can only read ndstt.com anti-fake to differentiate.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=140...t&p=1843855

sscho97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know this is a stupid question since to the naked eye, it dosent look like a dstt clone but w/e..
apparently I read that the r4i-sdhc upgrade (and its un i version) are dstt clones with a slightly different menu interface..
meaning they technically still are "clones".... unfortunantly I have it... so should I still treat it like a dstt clone??

im scared to use the flashwriter so all i did was use the flash CHECKER and it said its a unknown device but its broken... :S
heres where it says r4i-s is dstt clones http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=155479
is there any damage if i use the writer?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not familiar with your flash cart, but I would imagine that you could irreparably damage your flash cart by using the DsttFlashWriter on it if it's not really a fake DSTT.

Your best bet is to first try installing the fake-killer-removed DSTT firmware and see if it runs on your flash cart. If so, then it's a DSTT clone. See the FAQ stickied to the top of the DSTT forum for instructions on installing the firmware on a (possibly) fake DSTT.

-Bri

sscho97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bri said:
I'm not familiar with your flash cart, but I would imagine that you could irreparably damage your flash cart by using the DsttFlashWriter on it if it's not really a fake DSTT.

Your best bet is to first try installing the fake-killer-removed DSTT firmware and see if it runs on your flash cart. If so, then it's a DSTT clone. See the FAQ stickied to the top of the DSTT forum for instructions on installing the firmware on a (possibly) fake DSTT.

-Bri

Well.. I can run the firmware as a NDS file but i can't use it as the dfault firmware because it has the same red mini sd card simple

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you can't use the fake-killer removed firmware as the default firmware, then I don't think I'd run the DsttFlashWriter on it. It's different in some way to a DSTT, and therefore you risk destroying the flash cart if you run DsttFlashWriter on it (which overwrites the internal memory in your flash cart).

-Bri

sscho97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I might just do it because i live near vancouver (where I bought it) and I still have warrenty so if it dosen't work, ill return it
biggrin.gif
and if it does.. good for me
smile.gif

and besides.. the dstt firmware is the only one that works as a nds file... dosent that mean that it can handle it as its normal firmware???

and the r4i-sdhc upgrade team probably put somthin in the internal memory to only run their firmware.. but if i change it, wouldnt it mean it would run the dstt one?

( I might just be a dumb goof..
biggrin.gif
)

Eurytus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shorkio said:
*Is confused* So what does that do? I mean, if it's fake DSTT, will it Destroy it? Or what?
By my understanding, the official firmwares 1.15, 1.16, and 1.17 will kill fake DSTTs. I don't know how, but it does.

DsttFlashChecker_001 will check if your card is fake or not. DsttFlashWriter_004 will fix a fake DSTT if it's been killed by the fake killer.

This really pisses me off because I thought I had gotten mine from a half-decent source. I guess that teaches me to trust Deal Extreme, I'm not buying anything from them again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: