Hacking DSTT with MICRON MT28F160A3-T Flashchip and NTRBootHax

Burorī

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
This site lists my flashcart as "Supported but untested" but I just can't get it to inject NTRBootHax on it.

Any type of help would be appreciated.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It is but some clones are supported

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm just desperate, man. All I wanted to do was unbrick my old New 3DS by using my working New 2DS
Well. I think you got all the answers you need in previous threads:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/need-help-ds_ntrboot_flasher-not-working-stuck-at-0.500615/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/are-dstt-clones-flashable-with-ntrboot-now.581608/

If your DSTT can't be flashed with ntrboot, you'll have to get an ntrboot compatible cheap R4 clone. A N3DS is worth paying a bit for a flashcart. By the way: What happened to that console that it requires ntrboot? Softbricks generally don't affect the B9S (or the older A9LH) installation -- unless you uninstalled it on purpose.

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

Burorī

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What happened to that console that it requires ntrboot? Softbricks generally don't affect the B9S (or the older A9LH) installation -- unless you uninstalled it on purpose.

This was back NTRBoot wasn't a thing, I tried installing CFW the old way by downgrading but I accidentally installed FW for the O3DS instead of the N3DS. I tried fixing everything by performing a System Update using recovery mode and now I'm left with a black screen and blue LED

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This was back NTRBoot wasn't a thing, I tried installing CFW the old way by downgrading but I accidentally installed FW for the O3DS instead of the N3DS. I tried fixing everything by performing a System Update using recovery mode and now I'm left with a black screen and blue LED
Ah. Okay. A9LH installation. It involved downgrading to 2.1 (which is always O3DS firmware as the new model didn't exist when 2.1 was released). Updating 2.1 is a big no-no. It was safe NAND restore (to original firmware version) after A9LH was installed.
I assume there is no A9LH installed. If there was fixing wouldn't require ntrboot at all (only upgrading to B9S).

CTRTransfer Type D9 should repair the damage. If there is no A9LH, you will definitely have to find a compatible flashcart for installation B9S.

Good luck!

Burorī

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ah. Okay. A9LH installation. It involved downgrading to 2.1 (which is always O3DS firmware as the new model didn't exist when 2.1 was released). Updating 2.1 is a big no-no. It was safe NAND restore (to original firmware version) after A9LH was installed.
I assume there is no A9LH installed. If there was fixing wouldn't require ntrboot at all (only upgrading to B9S).

CTRTransfer Type D9 should repair the damage. If there is no A9LH, you will definitely have to find a compatible flashcart for installation B9S.

Good luck!
How do I know if my console has A9LH installed? It only shows a black screen like I said

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do I know if my console has A9LH installed? It only shows a black screen like I said
The old way. by downgrading. Was ever only A9LH. It required a specific way of restoring the fw after it was done. Or the cosole would brick as it has with your case

Burorī

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The old way. by downgrading. Was ever only A9LH. It required a specific way of restoring the fw after it was done. Or the cosole would brick as it has with your case
Do I need to put something in my SD Card to launch CTRTransfer? Holding Start doesn't do anything

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If there was A9LH, it would load Luma3DS setting when holding (Select) on power on.

Meh whatever, it's dead and I can't recover it
You can:
Any of those fake multi-game DS carts on Ali Express should work, they're just r4i 3DS Gold clones. Basically Gateway blue cards.
There are a lot of compatible flashcarts and a N3DS is worth buying one.

Reactions: Jayro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.