DSTT not working with 8GB microSDHC! Please HELP!

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by Benjamin A, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Benjamin A
    OP

Newcomer Benjamin A Newbie

Canada
    Anyone have problem using DSTT + 8GB SanDisk microSDHC? For some reason, it doesnt even load! Anyone experienced this?

I've tried using the EXACT files on my 2GB microSD and everything is working properly. This is weird.

P.S: I am using the latest and original DSTT firmware (not Ysmenu or whatever).

Please help!

2. khan

Member khan GBAtemp Maniac

Pakistan
    I have DSTT loader on my Supercard One SDHC, and it is working fine with my SanDisk 8GB MicroSDHC Class4 card. Try to format the card, not sure if that will help you though.

3. aero125

Newcomer aero125 Advanced Member

Singapore
    DSTT loader on SC DSOne ? Is DSTT fw compatible on SC DSOne ? How did u do that ??

Thks

4. Count Duckula

Member Count Duckula .

Australia
    I have an (original) DSTT, and just received a 'fake' one (as discussed in other threads) from dealextreme.

Both work fine with my 4GB (class 2) and 8GB (class 4) sandisk MicroDSHC cards (came in the same 'wakeupyourphone.com' packaging, purchased from a bricks and mortar store).

I guess you could try formatting it via a card reader other than the crappy one included and re-copying the files.

5. khan

Member khan GBAtemp Maniac

Pakistan
  6. ozzymud

Member ozzymud GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So is the DSTT confirmed to work with 8gb MicroSDHC cards?

I apparently already made the mistake of getting an R4 clone (R4-III, which does work with my just received adata 8gb), curious to know, as i wanted to buy a DSTT to play with. But i saw on focalprice's site the DSTT in the new packaging... one of the features it listed is:

100% SDHC TF standard TF compatibility up to 4094GB.

and the DSTT "official" site shows:

100% SDHC TF and standard TF compatibility up to
    4TB(4096GB) flash memory card.

The 2.00 SDHC specification allows SDHC cards to reach a maximum capacity of 32GB, so just wondering about their use of size abbreviations like the " Acekard R.P.G 8GB" = 1 gigabyte of NAND onboard, 4094/4096GB sounds like a lot higher then the SDHC spec [​IMG]

Just wanting to know before i "mess up" again (Although so far this has been a sweet "mess up" on the R4-III) [​IMG]

7. Count Duckula

Member Count Duckula .

Australia
    As I said above, I can confirm my 8GB (Gigabyte) Sandisk card works fine in the 4 DSTTs ive tried it with.

1 Real, 3 fake DSTTs. Works fine in them all.

8. mxk1000

Member mxk1000 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I have a 8gb sandisk running on my DSTT, no problems at all

What errors are you getting?