DSTT Not working on "Pink" Dsi

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by vamorex3000, Jan 30, 2011.

Jan 30, 2011
  1. vamorex3000
    OP

Newcomer vamorex3000 Member

United Kingdom
    Hi there

I make up DSTT carts for friends and family, I was recently approached and asked to make one by a friend and I proceeded to do so in the normal way.

However when I inserted it into the DSi i was met with the "Error, please turn the power off and on" screen.

My first reaction was to test it in my own Dsi (White) and it worked fine, which leads me to believe the "Pink" Dsi's are sold with a more up-to-date firmware (?) and/or have something built in that prevents flash carts working.

Unfortunatly I do not have the DSi to hand to check what it's running...however I'm hoping some information from the users here can help me.

Currently the DSTT is running RGF6.46, what amendments/changes if any should be made to allow it to work on a DSi thats running higher firmware (I understand without supplying the firmware version this could be hard to answer)

Many thanks in advance

Dale

2. DeltaBladeX

Member DeltaBladeX GBAtemp Fan

New Zealand
    That DSi will be running the 1.4.1 DSi system firmware. You need to update the DSTTi cart (assuming they have one of those and not a regular DSTT cart, which won't run at all) to run under that. It is not the Retro firmware that fixes that problem, that is software that handles games, you need to update the DSTTi itself with its 1.4.1 system firmware. Unfortunately, I'm not sure of a link for it.

3. bitonio6

Member bitonio6 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Switzerland
  4. vamorex3000
    OP

Newcomer vamorex3000 Member

United Kingdom
    Many thanks, that got it working!