Hacking DSTT menu on SCDS1 SDHC

cutterjohn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While reading the "other" forum about a custom firmware for the Acekard, I found a link to one guy's site that is building out an interesting custom firmware and happened to notice a couple of posts related to the SCDS1 SDHC. Unofrtunately they were all in Korean, but using google translate it appears that he has hacked the DSTT shell to run on the SCDS1 SDHC.

http://bliss.hanirc.org/blog/page/4
http://bliss.hanirc.org/blog

Had anyone heard of this before? It seems int he first post that he says that the hardware of the DSTT and the SCDS1 SDHC are virtually identical, and that the DSTT shell on the SCDS1 boot faster, loads ROMs/apps faster, still supports realtime saves, but none of the other SCDS1 SDHC features. I couldn't figure out whether or not it supports the other features of the DSTT like the cheat engine, etc.

sidneyyoung

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Cool.

Mind I'm surprised this has happened before now since the majority of carts are made from exactly the same components/chips afaik.

Hopefully someone will do something for the M3-real and Ds-x to stop them being super sucky ;P

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm korean, so I can translate it...

They've created a kernal that works in the Supercard that makes it function like a DSTT.

The major diffs that was explained in the bottom:

The DSTT Supecard
Pros-
- Much faster menu
- Loads games much faster
- Different save files
- Other benifits from DSTT

Cons-
- Real times save does not work.
- Most of the features that made Supercard so popular is disabled.

Also, there were some serious problems and issues with the touch screen when the supercard was activated, so the download link has been deleted....

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah...that sucks. Kinda figured RTS, RTG, and soft resettable homebrew wouldn't work since the DSTT doesn't have it.

Still pretty cool though. If this dude could get the features working that I mentioned, then I would definitely switch to this hacked firmware. Actually, the Supercard Team just needs to speed up their loader, or totally redo or whatever. It's almost as slow as the G6Real/M3 Real loader(maybe not that slow, but pretty close).

khan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
ojsinnerz said:

They've created a kernal that works in the Supercard that makes it function like a DSTT.

The DSTT Supecard
Pros-
- Much faster menu
- Different save files

Cons-

Also, there were some serious problems and issues with the touch screen when the supercard was activated, so the download link has been deleted....

What do you mean by "when the supercard was activated"?

I am thinking of trying this hacked kernel for Supercard SDHC because I am angered by its incompatibility(freezing on all games) with SanDisk 8GB MicroSDHC Class 4 (FAT 32, 64KB cluster size).

Is it safe to try?

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
khan said:
ojsinnerz said:

The DSTT Supecard
Pros-
- Much faster menu
- Different save files

Cons-

I am thinking of trying this hacked kernel for Supercard SDHC because I am angered by its incompatibility(freezing on all games) with SanDisk 8GB MicroSDHC Class 4 (FAT 32, 64KB cluster size).

Is it safe to try?
Sandisk's memorycards are known to suck pretty damn well.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
khan said:
ojsinnerz said:

The DSTT Supecard
Pros-
- Much faster menu
- Different save files

Cons-

Is it safe to try?
When the DSTT version of the supercard was turned on.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Seeing that no one talked about this yet... Bliss on 31 Jan. released a bootselector for DSTT hacked firmware, or SCDS One standard:

Here's the full story:
Blog First part said:
Just to build up multi-boot loader, but the public, so that the OS can add one more to choose. CUSTOM YSMENU a shell for a long time Fort DSTT
His popularity rose, um, how about this stuff was created… may have different masters. Anyway, expect anything different from each other, at least not in the cards without a supercomputer YSMENU also singongjeong
Work with, because it is possible to boot from the multi-boot loader and tried to make some modifications. The boot loader DLDI modify the way for a driver to DSTT
Gave changed, the boot speed is a little better feeling.

ReadMe by Google said:
1. Micro-sd card and a supermarket card DSTT kernel with the installation.

2. SCDSONE.NDS card file or super swelin MSFORSC.NDS SC-DSONE.NDS changes. Filename days this SCDSONE.NDS
If you first boot the boot shell, a super card, and if the SC-2007 DSONE.NDS DSTT shell of the boot.

3. Micro-sd card enclosed MSFORSC.NDS to copy the root directory.

4. If the X key during the boot, the super-card shell DSTT swelilgyeongwoo this basic shell, the shell DSTT card's default super swelilgyeongwoo
Boot shell.

DSTT ** If you use the shell, a soft reset after the DSTT ppajyeonagage shell, but if you use the shell of a super card
Immediately, the shell is not a super card, the card super boot loader to run. 2,4 In this case, by the rules
Boot shell that will ultimately decide.

** Boot time, the Y key, and if YSMENU.DAT iteulgyeongwoo YSMENU.DAT was forced to boot.

Blog Second Part
Note that the configuration file, in my case, noted,
The boot loader: MSFORSC.NDS
Supeokadeuyongswel (X kibuting): SC-DSONE.NDS (supeokadeuyong MSFORSC.NDS original)
TTMENU.DAT (the default boot): TTMENU.DAT (YSMENU.DAT)
YSMENU.NDS (kibuting Y): YSMENU.NDS (for the original shell DSTT)

This put the oil industry. Shell ultimately switching takes place. Fun. When you press START later in the air and on the menu
One can choose to change the way we look at problems. ^ ^

You can grab it here.

Dunno if you also need this (the DSTT hacked menu for SCDS One).

khan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
Can someone please explain steps required to get DSTT menu on SCDS SDHC, in english please?

Steps raulpica posted in his post are not clear to follow.

Thanks

-Edit

Ok, I have been able to run DSTT menu on my SC SDHC. Still have not tested any games.

khan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
I have been able to run DSTT menu on my Supercard SDHC, anyone know how I can turn the menu into English? Currently it is in KOR version.

-Update

Everything is now in English.
yaynds.gif

If anyone, who also wants to try out DSTT menu on Supercard SDHC, let me know.

Am I allowed to host DSTT ENG menu on Supercard SDHC files on gbatemp?

khan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
Ok, this is what you need to do:

Click here to download DSTT hacked menu.

All you need from that zip file when extracted is TTMENU.NDS, you can get rid of any thing else. Rename TTMENU.NDS to MSFORSC.NDS.

Next, download any DSTT version, I currently have 1.0.9 (latest, released yesterday) and extract TTMENU directory/folder on the root of you microSD/HC along with it, you should also get TTMENU.DAT.

That should make your Supercard run TTMENU, and trust me it works MUCH better and I have not had a single freeze since moving to TTMENU using the same 8GB MicroSDHC card.

Hope it works and instructions were clear enough.

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess this good for the ones that have microsd's that are freezing.

I thought in raulpica post(although I'm probably wrong since the whole thing is in terrible Engrish) that you can now switch between the DSTT loader and the SCDS1's loader. But I don't know how this can be done, since you have to rename TTMENU.NDS to MSFORSC.NDS.

Thanks for the tutorial khan.

khan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
DespizingU said:
I guess this good for the ones that have microsd's that are freezing.

I thought in raulpica post(although I'm probably wrong since the whole thing is in terrible Engrish) that you can now switch between the DSTT loader and the SCDS1's loader. But I don't know how this can be done, since you have to rename TTMENU.NDS to MSFORSC.NDS.

Thanks for the tutorial khan.

I also get this same feeling when in particular looking at the engrish quote below:

QUOTENote that the configuration file, in my case, noted,
The boot loader: MSFORSC.NDS
Supeokadeuyongswel (X kibuting): SC-DSONE.NDS (supeokadeuyong MSFORSC.NDS original)
TTMENU.DAT (the default boot): TTMENU.DAT (YSMENU.DAT)
YSMENU.NDS (kibuting Y): YSMENU.NDS (for the original shell DSTT)

This put the oil industry. Shell ultimately switching takes place. Fun. When you press START later in the air and on the menu
One can choose to change the way we look at problems. ^ ^

I have tried many times and have failed, perhaps if only Bliss's blog was translated properly.

helpme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
its easy to boot both loaders
just keep your scshell folder on your card & rename the original MSFORSC.NDS to MSFORSC1.NDS then load it from the ttds menu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Eu4hiUW.jpg