OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone!
I'm new here, great site/forum!

Ok, I've got a Nintendo DS Lite for my daughter and one for me along with two DSTT cards.
At first everything worked fine, but when I transfered .nds games I've got online (from "reliable" sources),
whenever I selected a game in my DS Lite it would freeze at the "Loading" screen.

I am using a MacBook with OS 10.5.6 and that is probably the problem.
I reformatted the card through the Mac's disk utility as FAT32.
Then took the files from the other (untouched and working) DSTT card into the reformatted one and it still freeze.
My guess is that the problem is Mac related but I havent been able to find any infos online.

I finally remembered an application called Blue Harvest that cleans up the Mac OS X of all transparent and junk files.
Now all the .nds games I have are on an external drive which is formatted to FAT32 and whenever I add something to it
I use Blue Harvest to clean up the disc.

I can transfer my .nds files to my DSTT card (which I also run through Blue Harvest -- just in case) and its working!
Well actually all games are working about from two (CARS and CONTRA).
These two games froze at the "save data" part and while looking at the DSTT card content through my Mac I can see two alias files of 4kb for both CARS an CONTRA but I can't delete them! Why?

Another question, ever since I had to reformat my DSTT card, whenever I run Moonshl on my DS Lite I get a error message that something is probably missing. But I'm still able to watch movies, photos and music through it. Could it become problematic?

Finally, is there a section on this forum where I can learn about customization of the Moonshl interface and plug-in?
Thanks!

Kiochi Teh Fox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For Cars and Contra, just name the .nds files to something longer than 7 characters and it should work fine on the DSTT, It has problems with file names 7 and shorter I believe.
QUOTE said:
Q: Why doesn't Contra 4 save properly?

There is a bug in the DSTT firmware that affects games with fewer than 8 characters (not including the extension) and at least one space in the filename. Just rename the ROM to remove the space or make it more than 8 characters (i.e. rename "Contra 4.nds" to "Contra4.nds" or "Contra_4.nds") and it will work.

gumgod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the alias problem:

I have ran into weird permission issues on mac os X on occasion where there are files I couldn't delete (actually they were copied from my camera) The issue was that since I didn't create the original file on my camera I just copied it to my desktop, I had a folder on my desktop that Mac OS didn't think I had permission to delete. I could delete anything in the folder but not the folder it's self. So... click on the file in question and get info (file > get info) or Apple+i Check the permissions there and see if you can change them. If you're an admin on your machine you should be able to give yourself write access and then delete them. If not you can always load up terminal and there is a sudo command to get rid of them (which is what I used) although you have to know the path of the files you want to get rid of and I don't know the command off the top of my head but you can google it. Just be careful you don't want to put in the wrong path and delete something important.

edit: my wording makes it seem that you can run sudo without being an admin, but this is not the case. You must still have admin access on the machine, but it can help if finder won't let you change the permissions using get info.

ARCVILE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow thank you Kiochi Teh Fox!!!
I'll try it!
I bought the DS Lite for CONTRA!!!

Posts merged

Thank you gumgod!
I didnt though of looking at the file's info.
I'll try it now!

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh? Why would you put the nfo file on the card? That's just going to be a waste of space.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: yeehaw