Hacking DSTT LOADING freezing PROBLEMS

ohpett

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
ok i just had the same loading problem with roms, but i figured out a solution that worked for me. i created a seperate folder for games and saves combined, so i have the menu files in root of folder, and another folder names Games in the root, and i placed all my roms/saves in that folder, the dstt booted up, and games loaded right away with no problems, some additional info i did before in case it might effect it, im using FAT(aka FAT16), 64kb cluster, try out the folder thing and let me know how it works out
It worked for me too..
1.08 doesn't help..
I'm using dstt with 2g sandisk.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BUttmonk3y,

Are all your games in a folder or at the root of your card? Are you using FAT16 or FAT32 when you format your card?

-Bri

andw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't had that problem so far since I put the games in a "Games" folder (also card formatted as FAT16).
But also, when I turn the DS off, I wait about 10-15 seconds before turning it back on again.

DSTTSTINKYCARD

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
just got one of these back
after 3 weeks of working ok
then now all freezing on loading
i give up with these pieses of shite

i gave this to a friend and now it's coming back to haunt me
cry.gif

im an r4 fan now get me out of here
wacko.gif

DSTTSTINKYCARD

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ive just formated the micro fat 16
and then made a folder called games as said by a few people on here
put all the games back on and it works first time
but how long for this time?
we'll see
smile.gif

desty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my DSTT a couple days ago, then for some reason it froze. It pissed me off so bad. I tried updating the firmware and whatnot but it still wouldn't stop freezing when I selected a game to play. I reformatted my 4gb SDHC card to fat32 (my laptop for some reason won't let me do anything else), and i put all the software and games back on it and now it works fine. Although, the creating SAV and the load time has increased A LOT. I have to sit here waiting for about 30-minute just for the sav to create and for the load to finish. HELP?

email me if possible
[email protected]

emzemz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i too had problems with the freezing @the loading screen tried everything (reformating and seperate folder etc.)

but then i tried ysmenu and havent looked back no problems at all

even put a custom skin in as well
yaynds.gif

pontyslapper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My DSTT freezes occasionally and I have found a super easy 'fix' that might help people when they are away from the PC and the ability to format and refresh the card...

After a freeze you naturally restart the DS - on restart go into the settings for the game thats frozen (via the blue plus on the right hand side of the game listing) click on cheat and click save.

Load the game - I have found this works most times!

I haven't used it with any cheats being enabled yet though - only without!

jkbenson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's my take on the freezing. I had the problem when I first got the DSTT. When I was first using it the spring load on the DSTT was flaky (it still is), so I would just pull the SD in and out of the card. YOU CAN'T DO THIS. It causes bad contacts or something. Once I started using the SD as it was meant to be used, I stopped having the freezing problem.

I still occasionally have the problem when I run homebrew as I don't think the DLDI autopatcher works 100% and my filesystem gets corrupted, but that is a completely different issue.

Jim

Mohawkinist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mine won't read NDS ROMS, but it'll read all homebrews perfectly... I reckon it's the SNEmulDS 0.6 alpha.. anyone else have this prbolem?

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Mohawkinist said:
mine won't read NDS ROMS, but it'll read all homebrews perfectly... I reckon it's the SNEmulDS 0.6 alpha.. anyone else have this prbolem?
Load every homebrew on your card, then try to load a game again.
Or, take all commercial roms off your card, load a homebrew, and after that put the games back on.
These methods worked for me, but they might give no results at all for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto