Hacking DSTT error

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's possible that your microSD card is corrupt. If I were you, I'd back up everything and try reformatting the microSD using the Panasonic formatter if you haven't already. If you have a different microSD card reader than the one that comes with the DSTT, use it.

-Bri

seiyers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have thought of that - is it normal for a microSD card to just self-corrupt?

I haven't got the Panasonic formatter, and tend to just use the default format settings on Windows for the microSD card. But I'm looking into the program now and I'll give that a go.

I don't use the DSTT card reader either; I use an adaptor that's the regular SD size which then is read on my laptop through a the bigger card reader (I'm not sure what it's called, but it's the thing that's the size of a credit card, only much fatter)

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, the microSD readers that come with the DSTT are pretty crappy, so they can corrupt a microSD card. However, it sounds like you're using a better one, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Windows apparently doesn't actually format a microSD card according to SD specifications. You can download the Panasonic formatter for free and presumably it will do a better job. Some have reported that their microSD cards were much faster and more stable after using the Panasonic formatter.

A microSD card can sometimes become corrupt if you accidentally shut off the DS or soft reset while it's writing to the card. If you're having trouble with disappearing saves, it's worth reformatting your microSD card to see if that doesn't fix the problem.

-Bri

seiyers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okies
smile.gif
Thanks for all the input.

I'll try out the Panasonic Reformatter, and if I'll be back if if the disappearing file phenomena happens again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, probably the scouter