dstt cutting off words

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by DeaTh, Sep 1, 2009.

Sep 1, 2009

dstt cutting off words by DeaTh at 5:00 AM (3,438 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. DeaTh
    OP

Newcomer DeaTh Member

United States
    Im new to gbatemp and this is my first post so if i do something wrong please don't get too mad.

I got a DSTT a while ago and have been having a lot of fun on it http://gbatemp.net/style_emoticons/default/hate2.gif. I just recently downloaded the cheatsuser file and am trying to use the cheats and i think all of them work but there being cut off so i don't know how to activate them or what they do. I was wondering if anybody knew how i could make it so i could see the complete cheat and make it so it wasn't cut off?

Im having the same problem with the games a lot of the names are too long and it cuts off half the name or the ending of the name, up until now it wasn't a problem but its getting kinda annoying.

TY you in advance for any help.

2. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    thats nothing you can do (at least thats i know)

but

you can use r4cce (the one by yasu) to open the usrcheat.dat
    from there you will be able to read the cheat description/name of the cheat you are intending to apply

3. DeaTh
    OP

Newcomer DeaTh Member

United States
    Ya i thought that might be the case ty for the advise.

Would anyone know if the YSmenu would fix this problem, i like the menu i have know but it would be worth switching if it fixed this problem.

4. DeltaBladeX

Member DeltaBladeX GBAtemp Fan

New Zealand
    I use YSMenu and that uses multiple lines for code text when needed. I prefer YSMenu most of the time because of this and increased speed. Only problem its given me is Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin will freeze while TTMenu works fine with it. Besides, you can set up the TTMenu / YSMenu as a DS file and boot that when you want the other menu.

5. Pendor

Member Pendor GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Castlevania: PoR works fine in YSmenu.

I recorded this about a year ago and it worked even then, so the problem is on your end. Probably the SD.

6. DeltaBladeX

Member DeltaBladeX GBAtemp Fan

New Zealand
    I won't say YSMenu is the problem, just that my copy of PoR won't work under it yet works fine with TTMenu. I'm just too lazy to find another copy right now since I can still play it with TTMenu.

7. DeaTh
    OP

Newcomer DeaTh Member

United States
    Ty you have convinced me to switch to YSmenu hopefully it will all go well.