Hacking DSTT and pokemon

DeaTh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to know if you could get banned from Pokemon (don't know how that would work) or anything bad could happen from putting DSTT Pokemon onto a original copy of a Pokemon game ie. pearl or platinum. I traded a legendary to my real game and am wondering if i could get wifi banned or something or Pokemon game makes it so i cant trade anymore.

If people know whether your allowed to trade from DSTT to real game or not would be nice, or if anything bad could come of it.
(Besides obvious feeling of guilt because your cheating.)

TY For all the replies.

Nugg2396

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
No not at all... and i don't get that guilt because im heartless
tongue.gif

DeaTh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to find that out.

Its like the guilt when you eat the last cookie and you noticed someone else really wanted it you feel kinda bad, but after that you never think of it again.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The answer is no. Hacked Pokémon don't agree with the GTS, but there's a difference between hacked Pokémon (Pokésav) and Pokémon on a DSTT. You'll be fine.

DeaTh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmmm.....

I need a clarification whats the difference between a hacked Pokemon and a Pokemon on a DSTT, and what happens to said hacked Pokemon that don't agree with the GTS (that's the online trading thing right?)?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Legitimate Pokémon: Pokémon found normally within the game (whether on a real game or DSTT) and have not been changed through the use of hacks (Action Replay or Pokésav).

Example: Catching a wild Bidoof.

Legal Hacked Pokémon: Pokémon obtained or altered through the use of something such as an Action Replay or Pokésav, but it is impossible to tell that it is hacked because everything about it can be found in "nature."

Example: Catching a wild Bidoof and hacking it so it knows Thunderbolt (a move it can learn by TM anyway).

Illegal Hacked Pokémon: Pokémon obtained or altered through the use of something such as an Action Replay or Pokésav, and the Pokémon has differences from those normally found in "nature."

Example: Catching a wild Bidoof and hacking it so it knows Roar of Time.

The GTS will sometimes refuse to work with Illegal Hacked Pokémon, such as not allowing them to be posted for trade or not allowing battle videos they appear in to be posted. I have never heard of anyone being banned. Unless you intentionally hack a Pokémon for some reason, solely using a DSTT means you only have Legitimate Pokémon.

In online battles, most people only allow the use of Legitimate Pokémon. Some allow Legal Hacked Pokémon, but it is nearly impossible to tell anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9