OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TrolleyDave said:
It's been confirmed by the DSTT team that this is a clone/fake.

Funnily enough, I'm not surprised.

Where can I find the DSTT team statement? The only thing I can find on their website is the old 'spot the fakes' page with the images of fakes removed.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I sent them an email about it and this is from the email I got from them.

========================

Re: New clone card with website DSTT
To:XXXXXXXXXXXXX

thanks, they sell the fake card
----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Saturday, October 18, 2008 12:18 AM
Subject: New clone card with website

http://www.dstt-adv.com/

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
It might still be worth having for the novelty value, just remember it's a clone is all. From what I know they've also updated the firmware to their own verson, there's a thread here somewhere about it. It's supposed to be pretty nice with some additional features.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really, a DSTT clone cart isn't really a bad thing. The good thing about them is also the bad: the original team is still releasing updates. Thus, even though your clone will get regular updates and maybe even new features, but for every clone you buy it's money that should've gone to the original DSTT team.

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last 2 real dstt i got 'white screened of death' on me within a week :/ only boots in 1 in about 50 attemps, otherwise just white screen wether mem card is in or not, but works perfect in that 1 time it boots.

Might get these instead in future.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
It might still be worth having for the novelty value, just remember it's a clone is all. From what I know they've also updated the firmware to their own verson, there's a thread here somewhere about it. It's supposed to be pretty nice with some additional features.

Let's face it, "features" like brightness control, alphabetical sorting of games, and organizing games by folder are standard on nearly every other flash cart. If you want those features and more, just get an Acekard 2, SCDS1, or Edge, all of which have better features than the DSTT and aren't much more expensive (the Acekard 2 in particular is about the same price as the DSTT and has one of the best menus of any flash cart made). Why would you pay more money for a clone of a mediocre flash cart when you can just get a better flash cart for about the same price?

QUOTE(FireEmblemGuy @ Nov 15 2008, 01:07 PM) Really, a DSTT clone cart isn't really a bad thing...

It's all good until Team DSTT decides to release their fake-killer firmware and you destroy your flash cart and microSD card.

-Bri

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Bri said:
TrolleyDave said:

Let's face it, "features" like brightness control, alphabetical sorting of games, and organizing games by folder are standard on nearly every other flash cart. If you want those features and more, just get an Acekard 2, SCDS1, or Edge, all of which have better features than the DSTT and aren't much more expensive (the Acekard 2 in particular is about the same price as the DSTT and has one of the best menus of any flash cart made). Why would you pay more money for a clone of a mediocre flash cart when you can just get a better flash cart for about the same price?

I agree, I've got a DSTT that never gets used. I'm not even sure that the DSTT Advance firmware does sorting, it's just got some other stuff in it like setting the clock and stuff. I'm not suggesting people go out and buy it, I just said it might be worth owning for the novelty value alone because BanjoMike liked the idea of the sideways facing MSD slot.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Again, what extra features does this flash cart offer you that another flash cart wouldn't? The Acekard 2 is about the same price as the real DSTT (which is cheaper than this clone), so why would anyone bother with a clone which is not only going to cost you more money for far fewer features and a menu that lags and doesn't sort your games, but might get bricked by a future firmware upgrade?

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey