jigaboo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Went to the DSOrganize forum, and looks like you're not alone. Here's the link to the sticky about the different versions:
http://www.youngmx.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=347

According to hooba, the previous version works for him. Maybe a post on the site asking for a link? Or, I guess there's always waiting for the next ver from Dragonminded...

J

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, I can't get it to work either, get to the screen with the cow and it says:
Please wait... Initializing FAT
then says NinjaDS, then that goes away, then gets stuck at SuperCard SD

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is a pretty big problem to me even if you do get it to work.....not being able to save on a pda program? 
sleep.gif

Umm, that's why it's called "Homebrew" as opposed to "Commercial Product". Honestly man, the SCL is a brand new product. Issues like these have to be expected. As it stands, I was playing with an older version that did write to the SCL, but it was pretty unstable - not so with this new version, but the author still has to get a handle on the driver that controls disk access to the SCL.

directive0 - what exactly is happening with your unit?

J

No one is debating you there, yes everyone realizes homebrew is hard work by individuals....yes everyone expects bugs....but 1st I'm sorry for misquoting, meant to quote your statement, because from your post you made it sound like it runs fine yet it doesn't save....which defeats the whole purpose of a pda in the first place. Maybe just the semantics, got the feeling from you that it's no big deal. But I look forward to dragonminded getting this sorted out, only a matter of time and from everything I've seen, DSOrganize probably is the only homebrew on DS that's worth anything to me other than moonshell.

directive0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Save or no save, I'd just like to get the bleeding thing past that cow! I went back all the way to version 1.9 and all the revisions from that point forward to now with no results. I guess I'm just going to have to wait for Dragonminded to figure out whats going on. I have no real issues with that, I can wait for a quality piece of software, have even been known to pay for them from time to time.

I'm also considering looking into an M3 Cartridge... we shall see.
blink.gif

emoney

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Save or no save, I'd just like to get the bleeding thing past that cow! I went back all the way to version 1.9 and all the revisions from that point forward to now with no results. I guess I'm just going to have to wait for Dragonminded to figure out whats going on. I have no real issues with that, I can wait for a quality piece of software, have even been known to pay for them from time to time.

I'm also considering looking into an M3 Cartridge... we shall see.Â
blink.gif
I've also tried 1.9, 2.0 2.1 with no luck.
frown.gif
Its all good though, I'm sure it'll be compatible in the future.

jigaboo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Mine was formatted regular FAT (windows formatted), all defaults. Default cluster size depends on the amount of space on your media or partition (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314878/) so it probably doesn't really matter - I have a 512mb Kingmax fyi.

J

ps. directive0 - have you considered posting up your success on Dragonminded's forum? Might help...

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've glanced over the dsorganize forums @ youngmx.com and although there's no mention of revisions....I really hope dragonminded gets the saving thing right for sc lite users down the road. Meanwhile I guess mot people hopped back to 2.1 and seems to be doing ok.

jigaboo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This isn't a dsorganize issue - it comes down to Chisms FAT library/driver. Most, if not all, Homebrew right now use it to read/write to the various removeable media that flashcarts are using. As some (including Dragonminded) have indicated, the reading of the SC TF is fine (for the most part - sometimes you need to use the moonshell patcher), however writing is finicky. Pretty much every homebrew I've played with displays this issue. Moonshell will crash if you try to use write bookmarks, DSOrganize won't save, Nethack has iffy saving (worked once, then screwed up the next time) etcetc.

What we are really waiting for is for the FAT lib/driver to be updated.
J

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
that's interesting, so does 2.1 and all other versions display the behavior of not saving as well on the sclite? I'm assuming they all use the same fatlib as well....

jigaboo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, as I said before, I was using an earlier ver of DSOrganize that wrote to the SCL - however, it was unreliable. Sometimes is worked, sometimes it didnt. From observation, it seems like small writes seem okay, but large writes seem to go awry. Still, it's just anecdotal, but it seems clear that writing to the FAT is unreliable due to the changes the SC team have made to the SCL. What that change is, and how it's addressed, is not something I have a handle on, unfortunately.

We'll just have to wait.
J

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end