1. directive0

directive0 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    wont get past the cow and the Supercard Init.

2. jigaboo

jigaboo Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Went to the DSOrganize forum, and looks like you're not alone. Here's the link to the sticky about the different versions:
    http://www.youngmx.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=347

According to hooba, the previous version works for him. Maybe a post on the site asking for a link? Or, I guess there's always waiting for the next ver from Dragonminded...

J

3. maduin

maduin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Damn, I can't get it to work either, get to the screen with the cow and it says:
    Please wait... Initializing FAT
    then says NinjaDS, then that goes away, then gets stuck at SuperCard SD

4. tama_mog

tama_mog Kupo

United States

No one is debating you there, yes everyone realizes homebrew is hard work by individuals....yes everyone expects bugs....but 1st I'm sorry for misquoting, meant to quote your statement, because from your post you made it sound like it runs fine yet it doesn't save....which defeats the whole purpose of a pda in the first place. Maybe just the semantics, got the feeling from you that it's no big deal. But I look forward to dragonminded getting this sorted out, only a matter of time and from everything I've seen, DSOrganize probably is the only homebrew on DS that's worth anything to me other than moonshell.

5. directive0

Canada
    Save or no save, I'd just like to get the bleeding thing past that cow! I went back all the way to version 1.9 and all the revisions from that point forward to now with no results. I guess I'm just going to have to wait for Dragonminded to figure out whats going on. I have no real issues with that, I can wait for a quality piece of software, have even been known to pay for them from time to time.

I'm also considering looking into an M3 Cartridge... we shall see. [​IMG]

6. emoney

emoney Newbie
    Newcomer

I've also tried 1.9, 2.0 2.1 with no luck. [​IMG] Its all good though, I'm sure it'll be compatible in the future.

7. yumms

yumms GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Did you patch 2.1 with the moonshell patcher? Thats the only way to make it work on SCL.

8. directive0

Canada
    Gah how stupid of me!! I'll try that yumms!

9. yumms

yumms GBAtemp Regular

United States
    jigaboo, what brand SD card are you using? What cluster size was it formatted in?

10. Cygoku

Cygoku Banned
    Banned

Canada
    I don't kow for him or you, but with a lot of testing, I realised that the default format system in Windows, using FAT16, is the best combination for SC-Lite,...

Cygoku

11. emoney

emoney Newbie
    Newcomer

Nice, it worked! I was getting "Not Find SC Code" when I tried earlier, but I guess I didn't try 2.1. So this version should let us save and everything right? Thanks again! [​IMG]

12. directive0

Canada
    patched DSo 2.1 and it works fine. Awesome little app!!

13. yumms

yumms GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Well I tried everything, even formated the card with default cluster size. 2.2 just doesn't work.

14. jigaboo

jigaboo Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Mine was formatted regular FAT (windows formatted), all defaults. Default cluster size depends on the amount of space on your media or partition (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314878/) so it probably doesn't really matter - I have a 512mb Kingmax fyi.

J

ps. directive0 - have you considered posting up your success on Dragonminded's forum? Might help...

15. directive0

Canada
    good idea jiga, I'll do that now.

16. tama_mog

tama_mog Kupo

United States
    I've glanced over the dsorganize forums @ youngmx.com and although there's no mention of revisions....I really hope dragonminded gets the saving thing right for sc lite users down the road. Meanwhile I guess mot people hopped back to 2.1 and seems to be doing ok.

17. jigaboo

jigaboo Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    This isn't a dsorganize issue - it comes down to Chisms FAT library/driver. Most, if not all, Homebrew right now use it to read/write to the various removeable media that flashcarts are using. As some (including Dragonminded) have indicated, the reading of the SC TF is fine (for the most part - sometimes you need to use the moonshell patcher), however writing is finicky. Pretty much every homebrew I've played with displays this issue. Moonshell will crash if you try to use write bookmarks, DSOrganize won't save, Nethack has iffy saving (worked once, then screwed up the next time) etcetc.

What we are really waiting for is for the FAT lib/driver to be updated.
    J

18. tama_mog

tama_mog Kupo

United States
    that's interesting, so does 2.1 and all other versions display the behavior of not saving as well on the sclite? I'm assuming they all use the same fatlib as well....

19. jigaboo

jigaboo Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Well, as I said before, I was using an earlier ver of DSOrganize that wrote to the SCL - however, it was unreliable. Sometimes is worked, sometimes it didnt. From observation, it seems like small writes seem okay, but large writes seem to go awry. Still, it's just anecdotal, but it seems clear that writing to the FAT is unreliable due to the changes the SC team have made to the SCL. What that change is, and how it's addressed, is not something I have a handle on, unfortunately.

We'll just have to wait.
    J

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - DSOrganize,