DSOrganize

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by mrxle3, Jul 25, 2006.

Jul 25, 2006

DSOrganize by mrxle3 at 3:33 AM (3,696 Views / 0 Likes) 38 replies

1. mrxle3
    OP

Newcomer mrxle3 Member

United States
    Hi guys. I want to try our DSOrganize with my supercard+superkey, and I had a quick question. I'm new to this, so I wanted to know if all I had to do was extract all of the zipped files into a folder and then place that entire folder into my SD card to run the homebrew app? Thanks for any help!

2. kutabare

Newcomer kutabare akutareguchi

United Kingdom
    Thats all I did and it works fine from the Supercard SD launcher. I have the DSO.nds in the root of the card and all of the other files in a folder called DSOrganize.

Make sure you run the DSOrganize.sc.nds file though. [​IMG]

3. CatScam

Member CatScam ScamaRama!

United States
    In the zip you’ll find DSOrganize.sc.nds, DSOrganize.ds.gba, DSOrganize.nds
    & a DSOrganize Dir. You can just install DSOrganize.sc.nds witch is the super
    card version & run it & it should make the DSOrganize Dir on your card. Or
    you can copy over the DSOrganize.sc.nds & DSOrganize Dir & your set.

4. mrxle3
    OP

Newcomer mrxle3 Member

United States
    Thanks for the reply guys!!

I have another question....I want to try Moonshell as well...do I just get the Moonshell from the Supercard website and run that one? Is that one the stable 1.31 version? I was reading the readme file on the Moonshell website and I didn't fully understand how to make it work, and it seems like the Moonshell on the supercard site is all set and ready to go for me already. Thanks once again!

5. CatScam

Member CatScam ScamaRama!

United States
    Yes if I were you I would first mess with the Moonshell on the Supercard site.
    It’s in a nice one-file compressed package & should play everything letting you see
    what it can do. Then if you like it you can mess with the standard version for skinning
    & modifying.

6. emoney

Newcomer emoney Newbie

Its crazy how it seems I'm the only one who can't get DSOrganize to work on my dslite. I'm using the supercard lite and SuperKey and the only thing I can't get to load is DSOrganize. Did anyone else run into trouble before getting it to work?

First it was giving me a dancing cow and it said "Please wait, Intitializing Fat", but it never started. Now after moving the files to dif directories and such, it just gives me a white screen.

edit: evidentally, it could be the version of dsorganize 2.2 final: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=35946&hl=

7. julezS

Newcomer julezS Member

I've heard the "Blue" version works on SuperCard.

8. directive0

Member directive0 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I did some testing over the weekend and couldn't get any version to get past the jumping cow. Using a supercardlite with 512mg kingmax card, I've read lots of people with SC-Lites getting it to boot, but from what I've read most of the people having problems appear to be utilizing a Superkey for their pass. Am I correct in this assumption?

Who here got it working with a superkey? Show of hands?

[​IMG]

9. yumms

Member yumms GBAtemp Regular

United States
  10. jigaboo

Newcomer jigaboo Advanced Member

Canada
    *handsup*
    SCL 1.63/2.55c, Superkey, DSOrganize 2.2F Blue. Works fine, other than it not saving (which is a known problem).

J

11. directive0

Canada
    would you be kind enough to tell us how you installed it, jigaboo? I assume you simply extracted the file to your card and away you went? Cause if so I can't imagine what I'm doing wrong. Does the folder need to be placed at the root of the card?

I just went through your other posts and I gotta say, unless you're using a DSphat, our rigs are INDENTICAL so I'm a bit perplexed.

(ps, good to talk to another torontonian)

12. jigaboo

Canada
    Sure. I downloaded "DSOrganizeB2_2_Final_Blue.zip", unzipped both the "DSOrganize Blue.sc.nds" and the ""DSOrganize" directory onto my TF card. That's it. From SCL menu, I just choose "DSOrganize Blue.sc.nds" and the blue screen with the cow comes up. After a few seconds, it runs. That's it.

I didn't bother copying over the "DSOrganize Blue.nds" nor "DSOrganize Blue.ds.gba" files.

J

13. directive0

Canada
    okay, hate to be "that annoying newb guy", but I must ask again. Does this file need to be placed at the root of the card?

14. jigaboo

Canada
    Yep. If the nds file was not in the root directory, you wouldnt be able to run it from the Supercard menu.
    The DSOrganize folder also needs to be in the root directory.

J

ps. Just to confirm, yes, I have a Lite. I'd have trouble cramming the SCL in a phat! And yes, nice to hear from another Tdot user.

15. directive0

Canada
    What a difference asking someone in the know makes. Thanks for the clarification and patience, I'll try this when I get home.

16. jigaboo

Canada
    Here's some overkill:

[​IMG]

Oh, and you're welcome. It's nice to help others, especially when you're avoiding work... [​IMG]

J

17. directive0

Canada
    yep, I gotcha. Thanks for clarification.

Hey, if I actually got stuff done at work today they might give me more to do tommorow. UNNACCEPTABLE.

18. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    This is a pretty big problem to me even if you do get it to work.....not being able to save on a pda program? [​IMG]

19. directive0

Canada
    NO DICE, Even when placed in the root directory, I wonder wtf I'm doing wrong.

20. jigaboo

Canada
    Umm, that's why it's called "Homebrew" as opposed to "Commercial Product". Honestly man, the SCL is a brand new product. Issues like these have to be expected. As it stands, I was playing with an older version that did write to the SCL, but it was pretty unstable - not so with this new version, but the author still has to get a handle on the driver that controls disk access to the SCL.

directive0 - what exactly is happening with your unit?

J