Hacking /DSOrganize/COOKIES/ corrupt

a2h

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Big problem. Opening /DSOrganize/COOKIES/ causes R4's browser to freeze, making be believe what I stated in the title. Furthermore, no other files are corrupted, and the R4 can launch them fine. Problem is, when I put the disk into the computer (and try to open it), it says "Please insert disk into drive F:"... but the autorun window appeared (interestingly, COOKIES was the first name that came up in the autorun scan).

Using the SD adapter that came with the MicroSD card just caused major lag on my 5 year old computer, and my 3 year old laptop just thought every single file had "incorrect parameter"s... :wtf:

Any help? I have DSOrganize (obviously) and it seems to still run fine so if there's something like, I don't know, a program that lets me send files over Wi-Fi? I really need some way to recover my SAVs D=

EDIT: DSOrganize's browser works but it crashed on some pages I tried (incl Google, Will Host For Food), but not pages like dragonminded.com

sirdashadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with your card in your computer card reader click on start->run, type "cmd" (no quotes), click ok, then type "chkdsk e: /f" (no quotes, substitute f: for your drive) then enter. That should fix it. If not then reformat the card.

And this may sound rude but try not to use DSorganize a lot with the R4. It messes up a lot....latest version seems better than before but it still crashes...

a2h

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Put it into a digital camera, that will do it.
Too bad it's a Sony.
QUOTECheck out this thread at the bottom for nds-side alternatives. I'm not sure if you can download directly from NDS Organize but it's worth a try
Guess I've got no choice. This sucks.

EDIT: It didn't work. I don't have a memory expansion so I avoided the DSLinux one.

Isn't there ANY solution? My last backup is 2 months old
cry.gif

EDIT 2: I managed to grab my SAVs with my Ubuntu live CD :3 and they work in NO$GBA too! Woot. *looks for a formatting tool*

a2h

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Guess you were a bit late =P

Anyway, *attempts to format* Windoze can't detect it >_<

*formats with SDformatter* neither can it...

Any help?

a2h

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Tried with both WS_FTP and CuteFTP and both failed. Also, I've already said Ubuntu could open the thing and I made backups of my SAVs. Deleting the /COOKIES/ folder didn't help as Windoze still found it.

I want to format now, but using both the USB adaptor and SD adaptor with both my computers doesn't work, even with the Panasonic thing.

Well since I have Ubuntu (Live CD), does anyone know how to format with Linux? I've found something, but that was FAT32.

a2h

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I still say - find a camera.
I still say, "Too bad it's a Sony".

Also, nobody is riduclously insane enough to bring anything like that to school... closest thing is a phone w/ camera, but I don't really want to go around to everyone "Hi, does your phone have an SD/MicroSD slot?"

EDIT: Hey, what's .trash-ubuntu doing in my root folder!

EDIT 2: "mkfs.msdos -F 16 /dev/sda1" did the trick
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @NinStar I like it gentle, then rough, then gentle again. Then I nap. +1