Status
Not open for further replies.

gauge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there! I've been a long-time reader of GBAtemp but just registered so I could help test out the new DSOrganize. I have an EZ-Flash V+ card.

I mostly use DSOrganize as a portable audio player for my car to play FLAC, .ogg and .MP3 files, so all of the bugs I know about are with the audio playback feature of the file browser. I'll list what I know here:

1. Crashes/freezes randomly when playing back audio. I know this happens mostly with FLAC and .ogg playback (I don't remember any instances where .MP3 playback caused a crash, but it could with that too). This also is likely to occur when I open/close the DS lid when audio is being played back.

2. "Random" playback setting does not work when playing a playlist file. Random works if I select a folder and play all of the songs in that folder, it will randomize the playback then. However, if I make a playlist file and set it to "Random", it just plays them sequentially.

Great to hear that someone is continuing development of DSOrganize! I'll send you a PM so I can help test.

Gauge

Zarxrax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gauge said:
I mostly use DSOrganize as a portable audio player for my car to play FLAC, .ogg and .MP3 files, so all of the bugs I know about are with the audio playback feature of the file browser. I'll list what I know here:

1. Crashes/freezes randomly when playing back audio. I know this happens mostly with FLAC and .ogg playback (I don't remember any instances where .MP3 playback caused a crash, but it could with that too). This also is likely to occur when I open/close the DS lid when audio is being played back.

I'll second this. I use DSOrganize exclusively for playing streaming internet radio mp3 streams. I get the red screen error very frequently sometimes. This tends to be very frustrating, because with internet radio, you can't rewind and listen to something again, once it's gone it's gone. I would be so happy if these audio playback errors were fixed.

Tormendo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Zarxrax said:
gauge said:

I'll second this. I use DSOrganize exclusively for playing streaming internet radio mp3 streams. I get the red screen error very frequently sometimes. This tends to be very frustrating, because with internet radio, you can't rewind and listen to something again, once it's gone it's gone. I would be so happy if these audio playback errors were fixed.

Oh, I see. Dragonmindet has make alot of bugs^^.

Tormendo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have renamed the programm to: DSOrganize 3.3: Heeroo Edition.
I respect Dragonmindet so i renamed ist

striderx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fakie! said:
Doggy124 said:
When you rename file, you can't move curser.

Yeah, that's the most annoying bug for me.

Yes, This is my biggest complaint with 3.2. I went back to 3.1129 because of it (this bug was introduced in 3.2). I use this feature to make backup copies of save files and then rename them so I know what they are.

For the future I'd like to see enhancements for the text reader. I would like:

1. the option to disable line wrap
2. a change to a monospaced font (most text only game guides only display intelligibly when viewed with a monospaced font
3. the ability to change the font size
4. in the directory list, up/down D-pad scrolls one line at a time, left/right D-pad scrolls one page at a time. But in the Text viewer, R/L shoulder buttons scroll a page at a time and left/right D-pad does nothing. Please make this consistent. I prefer all the scrolling using D-pad.

If you get a chance to see how the CycloDS team implemented an in-game text reader in their latest betas (1.5b2 and later), they did it right! The only drawback with theirs is that it can only be accessed from their in-game menu, and the file has to be named the same as the ROM.

For the keyboard,
5. when the keyboard is diplayed, I'd like to be able to use the D-pad to navigate it. Every GBA game and almost every DS game supports this. DSOrganize requires the use of the stylus. That's a real pain in a moving car!

Thanks!

striderx

P.S. - I have a CycloDS if you need more alpha testers with that card.

Sarvesh50

Aye!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Heeroo said:
Its still dso I like Heeroo's Organizer more because dso is dead let it be dead yuo are fixing this so it respect a new name and let dso rip

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Sarvesh50 said:
Heeroo said:
Its still dso I like Heeroo's Organizer more because dso is dead let it be dead yuo are fixing this so it respect a new name and let dso rip
It's still based on the DSOrganize made by Dragonminded, changing the name completely shows absolutely no respect for the creator.

Tormendo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The name is DSOrganiz 3.3 : Heeroo Edition.
And what do you think about that i update all libs in DSOrganize? That can fix a lot of bugs.

pka4916

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heeroo said:
The name is DSOrganiz 3.3 : Heeroo Edition.
And what do you think about that i update all libs in DSOrganize? That can fix a lot of bugs.

if you have to ask people their opinion about "updating libs might fix a lot of bugs"
sounds to me, that you have no clue about programming.

adding TIME. in front of 2 pieces of code, doesnt change anyhing, you just don't have the lib name in your statements. that's why TIME.
is needed..

and 15 years... get a life.... try reading the CC+, C++ etc for dummies first, maybe you will understand how programming works.

P

pasc

before I'll leave my opinion and stuff, I'll wait if you will actually release something... there have been toooo many fake DS projects..

CDNGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If it is still needed I can test on the Acekard RPG, and the Acekard 2, both running the current firmware.

L

lilkerv90210

i have an itouch if that matters its running the m3 sakura itouch ds double boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: