DSOrganize 2.7 Alpha released!

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
This is definitely not the first homebrew web browser for the DS. There's retawq, links and DSWeb.

Considering DSWeb doesn't go online OR render HTML, and both links and retawq are LINUX browsers, not native Nintendo DS browsers, DSOrganize can still be considered the first. Get your facts straight.

Welcome to GBAtemp, DragonMinded.
Don't pay attention to everyone here, some of our members can sometimes be extremely ungrateful.
I'm not one of them. Thank you for your awesome work, and it's an honor for me if you even read this post!
bow.gif

Congrats with this new feature, I hope your project will succeed. If you need any help, I'm available on IRC (efnet). I always dreamt of developping my own HTML rendering engine, but I never actually got into it - instead I've been developping a win32 web browser app ("Oxbrowse") but again if I can be of any help for things like parsing HTML, helping with the CSS, I'd be really glad to help.
Cheers.

furyoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not close to a machine, he is trying to steal the devs of the other browsers that will be good....this is nothing but text, which means downloading source (could have been done months ago) and viewing it with his html viewer (was intergrated months ago)

Objection! You're not making any sense!
Precisely. Whoever that guy is should show some evidence that he has copied the "devs" of other browsers. Maybe some code that was blatantly copied over. Otherwise, he's just being a troll.

directive0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Personally, I don't give a crap who copies who or whether or not the person is a machine or just a dude with some redbull a computer and alot of free time all that matters are results. Lets be real, there is really no money or compensation at stake here, only some respect and the satisfaction of helping the community. The DSorganize project was the killer app that got me interested in DS homebrew and it continues to be effective and usefull not just as a novelty but as a suite of PDA tools and a browser is an obvious addition to it. Whether its as good as the other options or not is moot.

As merely a peon in this great feudal system of the internet, I encourage all homebrew developers to copy, steal, and do whatever they need to to make their projects amazing. Thats why we're all here isn't it?

Dragonminded, I would like to add that I respect and appreciate the work you're doing for NOTHING other then some props over the internet. Please ignore the drama queens and keep on truckin'. And that goes for anyone out there working for the scene.

just my $0.02CAD ($0.017 US funds)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Pretty sure anyone buying the switch just for that got duped