Meomun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

From the list of compatible apps for sakura I download the dsmplayer from KH-Roms http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4739 and put the dsmplay and .nds file to the root of my sd card but when I turned it on it showed an error msg 'unknow format. 2010770 = 31425454 can not open TTA audio file' (I even reformat the sd card and put all the folder back, also dl the new 1.40 sakura fw) still the same msg showed up.... anyone have suggestion of what I need to do or how to fix this ?????? Thanks...

KH-Roms

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi, do you have a Sakura DSM file in your card?
It seems that DSMplay is not compatible with Sakura DSM format, resulting in error TTA audio.

Try delete your Sakura DSM file, then put the DSMPlay format, it should load normally.
If still not working, maybe there's some DPG file that not compatible with DSMPlay.(Sakura 1.12 using DPG converter)

I personally like DSMplay format, but since Sakura version is rather size-friendly, now I'm stick with Sakura version.

Meomun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi... thanks for replied... where can i find that sakura dsm file to delete???? I like the new 1.40 sakura version too however, i can only play 4 out of 10 .dsm movies which I download from ndsfilm.com website where as before i can watch all of it with m3real fw which I need to install the older version of sakura 1.12 and m3real double boot together....but i love the new version of sakura if you can help me fix why it could only play 4 out or 10 movies with the new 1.40 sakura that would be super then I don't need to install the dsmplayer...

KH-Roms

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Sorry if I'm not explained it with very well, what I'm saying with Sakura DSM file or format, is the video file that you converted it with Sakura DSMencoder.
If you're installing Sakura Firmware (the msi file, not System folder only) the installation packaged with DSMencoder.

Sakura and DSMplay has their own software converter, both the output is same, *.dsm file, but the compatibility is not.
When you try to play Sakura "*.dsm" in DSMPlay, the result is error.
Also if you try to play DSMplay "*.dsm" format in Sakura fimware it won't open.

Since you're not converting movies the by yourself, and downloading from ndsfilm.com,
my guess is all the movies files from ndsfilm.com are made using DSMplay.

Can you tell me when you can only play 4 out of 10 .dsm, do you play it in Sakura or DSMplay?

Meomun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh.... ic i understand what you said... but all the movies i download from ndsmovie.com i could played with m3 real fw and 4 of them i can played in sakura. The dsmplay i just found out later from gbatemp web but couldn't open it....

I love the sakura fw for games but as for movie player somehow the m3real can play all the .dsm.... I don't want to install the double boot system but that the only fw that I could have the best of both world
smile.gif

thanks...

KH-Roms

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I just remember something, beside DSMplay and Sakura. the M3Real fw has their own dsm format.

http://down.gbalpha.com/Softwares/G6M3DS-R...ie_EN_V1.00.zip

That's their converter version.

I tested a video file converted using Sakura DSM encoder, the file is not compatible with M3R fw and DSMplay.

And why Sakura can only play 4 of 10, assuming the files are converted with GBalpha converter.
I still can't configured it out, maybe backward compatibility?

I personally like the Sakura DSM format better than GBalpha. The qualty

In case you want to try to convert a dsm by yourself, I recommended you using Sakura version.
But if you're downloading a dsm movie, and can't play it with Sakura then you can play it with TouchPod.
Beside that's what dual-booting are for.

Sorry maybe that's not the best solution, correct me if I'm wrong.

Meomun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks KH-Roms I guess that is what i'm going to do using touchpod for movies and sakura for games... which I forgot cause last time I couldn't boot touchpod with 1.35 but now 1.40 i could as you mention it.... Thanks...

KH-Roms

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Glad to help
biggrin.gif
Just trying playing a movie in Sakura 1.40 with srt and ass.
Nice feature, but it seems the timing is not perfect, maybe in the next update firmware they fix it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: same goes with most mammals