DSlite "stuttering"?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Duplicated, Apr 24, 2010.

Apr 24, 2010

DSlite "stuttering"? by Duplicated at 8:46 PM (1,146 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. Duplicated
    OP

Newcomer Duplicated Advanced Member

United States
    While I was playing my HeartGold game (retail cart, not ROM), I noticed that, whenever I get on my bike and ride around in Vermillion city, the frame appears to be stuttering-like, it doesn't smoothly progress as the screen moves. At first I thought that it happens only when I'm in Vermillion city. Today, when I hopped on my Diamond game to EV training some of my pokemons, the same thing happened again south of Solaceon city.

Is the problem came from DSlite's system or from the game?

2. giratina16

Member giratina16 Born This Way

United Kingdom
    Perhaps your DSLite is on its way out.

3. Duplicated
    OP

United States
    You mean, it's going to be "out of commision" soon? Sh*t, I thought it would last long enough until 3DS come out.

4. giratina16

Member giratina16 Born This Way

United Kingdom
    I mean it's probably starting to die. I'm not sure if that's what you meant in your comment. I'm confusing myself.

5. Duplicated
    OP

United States
    That's what I mean too. Thank you for your opinion.

Can't believe that it's going to die sooner than I expected. It's been only 2 years since I bought this DSlite. [​IMG]

6. EpicJungle

Member EpicJungle stop browbeating me can't you see i'm sexy

Canada
    Have you've been blowing your L or R button too much...?

If so...
    The moisture of your breath might have damaged the screen... Leave it alone for a few days? That's how I fixed mine [​IMG]

7. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    How can screen damage cause this kind of problem?

BTW, I think it's just the game. If you'd noticed, Pokémon games seem to freeze for less than a second when loading another area. Because of this, the 'tweaking' glitch in D/P was discovered.

8. kineticUk

Member kineticUk GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I had not heard about this, what is the tweaking glitch and I assume from what you said its only D/P not platinum too?

Seems strange that OP has this problem but I noticed something very weird recently. Thought I had problems with my pokemon game, (Worried it was AP) because it started freezing around Mt. Coronet especially when the snow was falling and then in distortion world.

I plugged in my DS and I was able to progress past these problem areas without it freezing.

So maybe its worth a try anyway, plug your DS into the power socket and see if it makes a difference? Worth a go... although I think the problem I had was related to it being run off my RPG.
    I got my fingers crossed I can play my platinum ok now. I got scared yesterday and it would just kill it if I had to start over cause its got 180 hours or so on my save now... I never played these games before I am pokemon noob ha, I don't wanna lose my pokemon.

9. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    Check it out:

10. Jemlee

Member Jemlee GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    WELCOME TO JEMLEE'S EXPLANATION LESSON!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

OK!!!

The tweaking glitch is the result of hammering left and right as well as up or down while riding a bike. The result is that the game is unable to register the fact that you are actually moving up or down due to the left-right button smashing. THEREFORE!!!
    [​IMG]

The game slams the character into an invisible wall as it's unaware the character has moved forward AND...

[​IMG]
    Causes lack of map loading.

11. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    And if you went in the same place without tweaking, you'll notice the game freezing for less than a second before loading the next map.

12. Jemlee

Member Jemlee GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    [​IMG]

Do not forget that the half-second hang between maps also is true in retail carts.

[​IMG]