DSLinux on DSTWO

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by wiewcw, Mar 24, 2013.

Mar 24, 2013

DSLinux on DSTWO by wiewcw at 2:16 PM (1,047 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. wiewcw
    OP

Member wiewcw GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    Hi,

I have question about possibility on run DSLinux on this flash card. Have someone make it run? I have tested few versions of DSLinux, but unfortunatly get two white screens, also tested it on R4i (Clone) and same thing happend.

I've tested two versions of DSLinux - with no-path and prepathed for this two cards that I've mentioned.

Thanks for any help.

2. VatoLoco

Member VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

United States
    For regular ol' DSLinux you really need a slot-2 card with extra ram for it to be of any use.

However, there's a sticky thread at the top of this sub-forum for the DSTwo Linux beta, that's uses the DSTwo's CPU power. It's based on Dingux and works pretty decently once you've set it up proper.
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/dstwo-linux-beta1-0-release.339028/

3. wiewcw
    OP

Poland
    Yes I know but this Dingoox version isn't good enought for me... The folder structure is little messy :/ I wanted to know if DSLinux is possible to run over DSTWO.

EDit: So additional ram is needed for DSLinux or it is only a addition for better handle..

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    If you want to run anything with a GUI, you pretty much need the RAM expansion as the DS only has 4MB of RAM.

The DSTwo has 32MB (IIRC) of it's own onboard RAM though, which is why there were efforts to port it.

5. VatoLoco

Member VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

United States
  6. wiewcw
    OP

Poland
    Performance is not bad, but I am little worried about few things - Chinese over Z5 build - so here's additional question is iSmart's theme from Z4 proper to use over Z5 (In order to get English). About structure is little messy - in order to have regular homebrews and DS backups - and some info about corrupting FAT by this build. DSLinux for me is good to have it like normal homebrew because it use one holder "linux" with all structures inside etc...

I wanted to look on DSLinux sources but even if compile is not as hard to make, but getting help from devs isn't as good as I normally see on linux comunity. The key thing is to include MIPS toolchain to existed builds. But they are little rude by some IRC chats - I do not know why.

DSTWO is good stuff i prefer it more thank R4i that I've also get - there is also problem with DSLinux.

For current Linux beta there is also no sources released right?

Sorry for not mention - I am user of 3DS XL.

ok good thing is test it out and run it only for test purposes - but there is lack of support from them.

Question is why it gives white screens - or it is DLDI problem or sth elese. Shame that it not gives any error code or sth. As I said before I've tested all current released so tested with no-path and prepathed for DSTWO DLDI and still nothing. Also tested it by DSKiosk - this is some kind of HB launcher - on this case probably use HBMenu is pointless because it is made for different cards like Acekard.

Homebrew scene on DS is not unifikated as on PSP Scene or sth.