Hacking DSLinux on DSTWO

wiewcw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi,

I have question about possibility on run DSLinux on this flash card. Have someone make it run? I have tested few versions of DSLinux, but unfortunatly get two white screens, also tested it on R4i (Clone) and same thing happend.

I've tested two versions of DSLinux - with no-path and prepathed for this two cards that I've mentioned.

Thanks for any help.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
For regular ol' DSLinux you really need a slot-2 card with extra ram for it to be of any use.

However, there's a sticky thread at the top of this sub-forum for the DSTwo Linux beta, that's uses the DSTwo's CPU power. It's based on Dingux and works pretty decently once you've set it up proper.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/dstwo-linux-beta1-0-release.339028/

wiewcw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes I know but this Dingoox version isn't good enought for me... The folder structure is little messy :/ I wanted to know if DSLinux is possible to run over DSTWO.

EDit: So additional ram is needed for DSLinux or it is only a addition for better handle..

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States

wiewcw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Performance is not bad, but I am little worried about few things - Chinese over Z5 build - so here's additional question is iSmart's theme from Z4 proper to use over Z5 (In order to get English). About structure is little messy - in order to have regular homebrews and DS backups - and some info about corrupting FAT by this build. DSLinux for me is good to have it like normal homebrew because it use one holder "linux" with all structures inside etc...

I wanted to look on DSLinux sources but even if compile is not as hard to make, but getting help from devs isn't as good as I normally see on linux comunity. The key thing is to include MIPS toolchain to existed builds. But they are little rude by some IRC chats - I do not know why.

DSTWO is good stuff i prefer it more thank R4i that I've also get - there is also problem with DSLinux.

For current Linux beta there is also no sources released right?

Sorry for not mention - I am user of 3DS XL.

it will run without, but its very limited/crippled.

ok good thing is test it out and run it only for test purposes - but there is lack of support from them.

Question is why it gives white screens - or it is DLDI problem or sth elese. Shame that it not gives any error code or sth. As I said before I've tested all current released so tested with no-path and prepathed for DSTWO DLDI and still nothing. Also tested it by DSKiosk - this is some kind of HB launcher - on this case probably use HBMenu is pointless because it is made for different cards like Acekard.

Homebrew scene on DS is not unifikated as on PSP Scene or sth.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Le youtube face.