DSlinux help

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by jerronimo3000, Mar 17, 2009.

Mar 17, 2009

DSlinux help by jerronimo3000 at 4:47 PM (676 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. jerronimo3000
    OP

Newcomer jerronimo3000 Advanced Member

United States
    when i want to download something on the dslinux web browser i click d on the keyboard while the link is highlighted. it then says "dump to:". i'm assuming that's where i want to save it. if i'm wrong someone please tell me. i type in the directory, say "/linuxSaves". and then it gives me a fail message and what seems like a random error number. it's different every time. any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance!

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    First of all, I'm more familiar with Retawq than Links, but I think you might need to hit Shift before pressing D so that you download whatever you're highlighting rather than the page you're on. Secondly, by default it's going to save to the (root)/linux/home directory. If you want to save to, for instance, the linuxSaves folder on the root of your card, save it to /media/linuxSaves/FILENAME.EXT

Personally rather than using the D key I usually just hit the A button on the DS to follow the link, then Links automatically says "I can't handle this format, do you want to save it to your card instead?" and do it that way.