OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
Hi,

I have just found that new software & firmware are out for DSLinker users. The most interesting thing is that it now supports SDHC cards via software update.

As an R4 user, I am hoping this news reaches R4DS soon so we can also have SDHC supported albeit little redundant as of now but will come handy in few months time when prices come down.

http://www.ds-link.net/

zombielove

Trophies
XP
Country
But DS Link isn't an N-Card clone is it?

There's DS Link, then there's DS Linker. DS Linker doesn't use SD cards.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As an R4 user, I am hoping this news reaches R4DS soon so we can also have SDHC supported
SDHC compatibility can't be added to the R4 with a new loader, because the loader is kept on the microSD card. In order for SDHC support to be added, the cart has to store it's firmware in a seperate bit of built in flash memory, and the R4 doesn't have that.

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I have just found that new software & firmware are out for DSLinker users. The most interesting thing is that it now supports SDHC cards via software update.

As an R4 user, I am hoping this news reaches R4DS soon so we can also have SDHC supported albeit little redundant as of now but will come handy in few months time when prices come down.

http://www.ds-link.net/

And you posted this here because...

Xelia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SDHC compatibility can't be added to the R4 with a new loader, because the loader is kept on the microSD card. In order for SDHC support to be added, the cart has to store it's firmware in a seperate bit of built in flash memory, and the R4 doesn't have that.

frown.gif
Why must you crush all hope?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to...