Hacking DSLink announced

omegatr0n

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
this peice of product is the shit...and now seeing that you have to have flashme installed i dont see them charging a lot of money for it prolly just the same as supercard lite

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This product is crap if you have to use flash me just to use it. The whole point of this is so you just put it in ANY ds play games bam boom gone. If you have to buy a normal GBA cart and a Passme to flash it then buy this then its completely pointless and stupid. Destroys the whole point.

midigear

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Unless they make a product that directly boot up from SLOT1 without a pass,
otherwise it is still far from perfect.

Back to GBA era, we flash it, plug it, and forget about it! (As seen on TV)
rofl2.gif

it should be the same way on a SLOT1 product, and that’s what we’ll call it perfect.

It's about time to bring the perfect solution to the dinner table.

They don't want to do it? Boo Hoo, as I said, someone else would love to.
cool.gif

(Ninjapass and UFP512 anybody? Direct boot without Flashme already)

TheVirus

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
For those of us with a flashed DS, or if we own a passme, this is great. Keep the costs down and bring on the fun. My DS is flashed, so easy to do. It'd be nice if the company offered a passme combo for those that wanted it.

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I wish I won't be in white actually or maybe they'll have different colors? I actually want one that looks the same as normal DS cards. Might get one if it looked like that and print a copy of a game sticker like Ouendan 2 or Ace Attorney 5, something that would look cool to show off LOL.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
You could print game stickers on Post-Its, and just replace them every now and then, depending on which game you are playing
wink.gif

neojei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whu...need to use flash me...I'll just wait for m3 lite then if i still needed to buy a flash card.

mrekli

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
oppressthebutton.com
XP
Country
United States
Since some people want a NoPass function in it too, I think maybe they should have two versions?

And how is their GBA-Link? I am curious about the quality of their work.

Fazered

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If they just can't get it down to the right size I think people would consider a cart that comes out of the slot a bit. One that was a bit of an L shape perhaps.

Anyway I think it is only a matter of time before someone does get it down to size.

karamu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i guess if you look at their market in china and hk (if you consider it a different country still) many places sell already flashed DS Lites. and many shops will do it for you also. so for those areas they probably see it as a non-issue to have to have it flashed. I will get mine flashed in HK in september if this is released and has good reports of compatibility. all the save games etc better work well. if its anything like SC Lite compatibility then i'm happy. without passme they better fo the rest right.

neojei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait... why do you need to flash your DS in the first place. From what I understand flashme or any passkey is used to let the DS boot into DS mode so it can read data of the flash cart in the gba slot. Why would this need flash me if it is reading from the DS slot?

kalimero

Uncle Rupee
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
An unmodified DS cannot read unsigned code. Therefor you need flashme or some nopass device which behaves like an original nds game (with encryption etc). From what i read here, you need an extra chip for this information to be stored and there is no space left in the DSLink for this chip.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If they just can't get it down to the right size I think people would consider a cart that comes out of the slot a bit. One that was a bit of an L shape perhaps.

Anyway I think it is only a matter of time before someone does get it down to size.

Huh? It's the exact same size of a DS cart. Unless you are talking about puting in a PassMe chip, but I think that would fit in already, just cost more, so we don't need to have any L-Shaped carts.

neojei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm...that makes a lot more sense now, lol. Well I guess I won't get one of these yet, and instead i am more than over joyed about the announcement of replacement ds lite shells. Now to buy a couple of em and replace the cracked up one i have.

omegatr0n

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
im confused...i keep seeing ppl refering to using cleandumps as being able to use downlaod play...does clean dump mean its unpatched...so it still has its own code

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo