DSL turning off on it's own?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Rout, Dec 18, 2009.

Dec 18, 2009

DSL turning off on it's own? by Rout at 12:05 PM (900 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Rout
    OP

Newcomer Rout Newbie

Poland
    Okay, so, I got a DS Lite like 2 weeks ago as an early christmas present. Before I got my AceKard I played around with PictoChat a bit. Once I pressed the "right" D-pad button - and the DS shut down. I ignored this. When I got the AceKard I tried playing Mario Kart. Same thing happened in the game menu. But I ignored it as well. Then I began playing Kingdom Hearts. I can play but well... sometimes the DS will just turn off. It seems to occur completly at random, except it only happens when pressing diagonals with D-pad (up-right and right-down to be precise), and after some time of playing (10-30 mins usually). Same thing when playing with Jam Sessions. But touchscreen-only games play just fine.
    Now I can't ignore that, it's annoying >_>

So I'll most likely send it back where I got it so it'll get fixed/replaced under the warranty. I'm just interested, though, if anyone had similar problem.

2. Range-TE

Member Range-TE GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Indonesia
    my friend had a similar problem with his Black DSl, i have no idea how he fixed it but it works fine now

3. yuyuyup

Member yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    This happens every so often on my DSi (haven't had it happen on previous lites) I THINK it has to do with the battery getting knocked a little loose from a drop or something (since the battery port is right by the dpad buttons you're hitting,) try opening the battery lid and secure the battery, might help

4. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    Something like this happened to my DS Lite. It'd turn on and off randomly. This started to happen more and more so I sent it back to Nintendo to be repaired. It was well out of warranty, but they repaired it for free. [​IMG]

5. Eon-Rider

Member Eon-Rider GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Depending on how strict the store policies of the place where the DS Lite came from, you may be able to go directly to them with the receipt (if you can get it back). If they need proof that it's defective you might want to send it to Nintendo instead seeing how you said the issue happens randomly.

6. Rout
    OP

Newcomer Rout Newbie

Poland
    Can't really send that to Nintendo since I live in Poland... As long as I tell them what the issue is it shouldn't be a problem. I hope. How I wish I lived in the USA sometimes...

7. scrtmstr

Member scrtmstr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    you can send it back to nintendo, it's still well in the warranty. Only problem you might counter is the rubbish customer support.

8. Rout
    OP

Newcomer Rout Newbie

Poland
    Eh, I'd have to send it to UK or something, my parents wouldn't agree.

I tried playing Soma Bringer today, as well as a song in Jam Sessions (didn't touch the DS in a few days), and it seems to have gotten better, but I'll send it back anyway, just in case.

Hope they'll fix it. I'm already p*ssed at my bad luck.