DSL Not reading games

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by RobTurbo, Mar 11, 2012.

1. RobTurbo
    OP

RobTurbo Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2009
    I was given 2 DSL's to repair the other day, they wanted one good one making from 2 broken ones and I could keep the leftovers.

The first had a broken bottom screen and a loose hinge, the second had a damaged card slot so wouldn't read games.

I swapped the motherboard from the first into the second and gave them it back fully working. I removed the card slot from the second and replaced it with a good slot, put together with a spare bottom screen I had, turned it on and it won't read games still, where's the damage likely to be?

It's not the soldering on the card slot, that was a walk in the park compared to my usual soldering tasks!!

Any help would be appriciated.

2. pyromaniac123

pyromaniac123 ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็

Sep 24, 2011
    Are you absolutely sure it was a good cart slot?

3. RobTurbo
    OP

RobTurbo Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2009
    It came from a water damaged board, the contacts look clean, I'll see if I can get something in there to clean it then give it another go.

4. chavosaur

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    Could the water damage have spread to more portions of the system?

5. RobTurbo
    OP

RobTurbo Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2009
    This motherboard doesn't have water damage, the motherboard that the card slot came from had water damage, that's why I took the card slot off to replace the damaged card slot on this motherboard.