DSL in my area

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Rock Raiyu, Jun 22, 2009.

Jun 22, 2009

DSL in my area by Rock Raiyu at 8:29 AM (811 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Rock Raiyu
    OP

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    I'm away from home for a month at my grandparents and they want DSL in the area. Thing is, we're basically in the country in the middle of nowhere. I was wondering if there was a list of DSL Services in a state.

2. WIZO

Newcomer WIZO Newbie

Germany
  3. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    you are probably gonna have to get satellite internet
    since DSL speed is effected by distance

4. Ethanx94

Member Ethanx94 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Satellite sucks for online gaming though and it has a 17GB cap (highest pack wildblue)
    Most air cards are good for online gaming but they have a 5GB cap except for Alltel.
    But Alltel is trying to merge with Verizon and everything is screwed up. I'm getting speeds of 50-70kbps (quoted at up to 3.5mbps) for downloads and, even though laggy, my sattelite is getting speeds of 100-170kbps (quoted at 1.5mbps)
    They say you need to screw around with a new prl file and if you call Alltel they will push it to you if you can survive the customer service.
    It's pretty regoddamndiculous if you ask me.

5. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    True, all the ISP's I've tried here have only been able to give me a 256kb/s connection, so that's about 30kb/s download speed. FML [​IMG]

6. Raki

Member Raki GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    your speed varies from your reception and how many ppl use the same UMTS cell...so if you're living in a big city in the hot zone where many many ppl use their UMTS phones you are propably blessed with horrible speeds