DSiWare Questions

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Wellington2k, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Wellington2k
    OP

Wellington2k DO YOU HAS?

Nov 1, 2010
    United States
    Somewhere in this world of ours
    Hello all!

Well I got a R4i-SDHC v1.4 card when 1.4 was the latest firmware on the DSi. I got enough points for Warioware Snapped! because I still had the free 1000 points from getting the system early. Sadly before I could use my points the firmware updated to 1.4.1. DARN! So I waited for a LONG time till the R4i firmware updated. It's been about a year now and I'm sure, now after making a special card for 1.4.1, that it won't happen. Well I thought since I had the points I could somehow get Warioware Snapped! from my computer. No luck.
    The reason I'm writing this is because I'm hoping that somehow someone has a way for me to either get the DSiWare on my DSi or get my card to work on the latest firmware. No this is not pirating, because I have the points for it and I won't be able to use them.
    Thanks!

2. DeltaBladeX

DeltaBladeX GBAtemp Fan

Jul 20, 2009
    New Zealand
    Uh no, thats still pirating.

And pretty sure no flash cart can run DSiWare, though I haven't checked for the cards that can run games in DSi mode (which doesn't include R4 last I checked).

3. Sir_Voe

Sir_Voe GBAtemp Fan

Apr 28, 2007
    United States
    Warioware Snapped! was a big letdown anyways. If you do end up updating, I'd recommend skipping that particular DSiWare.

4. Wellington2k
    OP

Wellington2k DO YOU HAS?

Nov 1, 2010
    United States
    Somewhere in this world of ours
    I knew it was a big let down, but there wasn't really anything else. Plus I LOVE Warioware. [​IMG]
    I was hoping that maybe there was a way to hack the DSiWare so that it thinks it was mine originally. I tried looking at my DSiWare I had already downloaded and comparing them in a hex editor, but I could only search for differences not similarities. Is there a hex editor that can see similarities?

What I want to know is how come hackers haven't hacked this yet? It doesn't seem that hard.