DSiWare Questions

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Wellington2k, Jul 23, 2011.

Jul 23, 2011

DSiWare Questions by Wellington2k at 10:11 PM (898 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Wellington2k
    OP

Member Wellington2k DO YOU HAS?

United States
    Hello all!

Well I got a R4i-SDHC v1.4 card when 1.4 was the latest firmware on the DSi. I got enough points for Warioware Snapped! because I still had the free 1000 points from getting the system early. Sadly before I could use my points the firmware updated to 1.4.1. DARN! So I waited for a LONG time till the R4i firmware updated. It's been about a year now and I'm sure, now after making a special card for 1.4.1, that it won't happen. Well I thought since I had the points I could somehow get Warioware Snapped! from my computer. No luck.
    The reason I'm writing this is because I'm hoping that somehow someone has a way for me to either get the DSiWare on my DSi or get my card to work on the latest firmware. No this is not pirating, because I have the points for it and I won't be able to use them.
    Thanks!

2. DeltaBladeX

Member DeltaBladeX GBAtemp Fan

New Zealand
    Uh no, thats still pirating.

And pretty sure no flash cart can run DSiWare, though I haven't checked for the cards that can run games in DSi mode (which doesn't include R4 last I checked).

3. Sir_Voe

Member Sir_Voe GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Warioware Snapped! was a big letdown anyways. If you do end up updating, I'd recommend skipping that particular DSiWare.

4. Wellington2k
    OP

Member Wellington2k DO YOU HAS?

United States
    I knew it was a big let down, but there wasn't really anything else. Plus I LOVE Warioware. [​IMG]
    I was hoping that maybe there was a way to hack the DSiWare so that it thinks it was mine originally. I tried looking at my DSiWare I had already downloaded and comparing them in a hex editor, but I could only search for differences not similarities. Is there a hex editor that can see similarities?

What I want to know is how come hackers haven't hacked this yet? It doesn't seem that hard.