Hacking DSiWare Management Section Triggering Menuhax

manlego

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Every time i try to access the dsiware section from my sysnand's settings it triggers menuhax. Is this a known issue? I just wanted to remove some dsiware from my sysnand so i could install more games. If can't get rid of this issue, how i'm supposed to remove them?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Here is a video showing what is happening

Last edited by manlego,
Reactions: hobbledehoy899

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
The system reboots when you exit system settings so check your pad_config for the autoboot setting and turn it off.

manlego

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The system reboots when you exit system settings so check your pad_config for the autoboot setting and turn it off.
I don't think that this is the issue, since even when i took the sd card off it still froze while trying to access the dsiware section

D

Deleted-236924

What if you hold down whatever key combo it is to skip menuhax?

And besides, you seem to be running cfw. You could simply uninstalll the DSiWare with DevMenu or FBI the same way you installed it.

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
And besides, you seem to be running cfw. You could simply uninstalll the DSiWare with DevMenu or FBI the same way you installed it.
That's right!

Indeed, the 3DS fails to load the dsiware, so it reboots, and because you have menuhax, it triggers it.
So, yes, use fbi to unistall dsiwares.

manlego

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What if you hold down whatever key combo it is to skip menuhax?

If i hold the key, it just goes to the homemenu instead.
Does Devmenu show how much the app size? I want to see which dsiware app i should delete so i can have enough space to install what i want.
It would be way easier to do that with the system settings.

D

Deleted-236924

tbh, even with holding down the key combo to skip menuhax, the reason why it triggers is because your DSiWare data management seems to crash the 3DS somehow and makes it reboot. So it wouldn't help anyway.

Both devmenu and FBI show you how much space something uses up.

'sides, system settings shows it as Blocks, while FBI/DevMenu will show it as Bytes. Much more convenient to have size showing up as Bytes for comparison purposes. You won't know if freeing up 258 blocks would be enough to install a 50MB game, for example.

Last edited by ,

manlego

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there any way i can fix the system settings? Else, i'll have to just uninstall them with fbi, as suggested.

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is there any way i can fix the system settings? Else, i'll have to just uninstall them with fbi, as suggested.
To fix this issue, try to erase all your dsiware games using fbi. If it doesn't work, try to re-updating your console to 9.2 (maybe system settings is corrupted?)...

manlego

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
To fix this issue, try to erase all your dsiware games using fbi. If it doesn't work, try to re-updating your console to 9.2 (maybe system settings is corrupted?)...
I'll try to delete them, but just to be clear, if i ever wanted to install them again, would installing a .cia of them on sysnand make them work both on sys/emunand again (considering i already have them installed on emunand)?

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'll try to delete them, but just to be clear, if i ever wanted to install them again, would installing a .cia of them on sysnand make them work both on sys/emunand again (considering i already have them installed on emunand)?
yes, but i think you will lose your saves

manlego

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yes, but i think you will lose your saves
Ok, i will delete them and post the results here when i'm done.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just one more question before i try to delete the games, the reason why i want to delete them is because i want to install another game, but every time i try i get the error in the image below, which i assume that it happens because i do not enough space on nand available to install it, which is strange, because fbi says that i have around 400mb of free space on nand. Can someone confirm to me that this error occurs because i don't have enough space?
The error i'm talking about: http://imgur.com/9ODTkUN

Reactions: RealityNinja

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just one more question before i try to delete the games, the reason why i want to delete them is because i want to install another game, but every time i try i get the error in the image below, which i assume that it happens because i do not enough space on nand available to install it, which is strange, because fbi says that i have around 400mb of free space on nand. Can someone confirm to me that this error occurs because i don't have enough space?
The error i'm talking about: http://imgur.com/9ODTkUN
The TWLN partition is out of space.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat