Hacking dsiware, luma3ds, region and nand?

butfluffy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i've been doing some research regarding playing dsiware on my n3ds with luma3ds cfw installed but i'm wondering if the info i read is still up to date.
what i'm wondering is this.

1. from what i gather to be able to play an out of region dsiware title with luma3ds i will need to patch the dsiware cia to region free. will i still need to patch out of region dsiware titles with the latest luma3ds version or is the latest version of luma3ds dsiware region free by default?

2. from the info i have been able to find it seems that dsiware titles need to be installed to the nand. maybe this info is out of date and now there are other ways to play dsiware titles without installing to the nand?
if installation of dsiware to nand is the only way roughly how many dsiware titles can be installed to the nand at a time?

sorry to ask questions which are probably obvious to experienced luma3ds users but i have not installed luma3ds yet and there is just so much info and outdated info with this stuff.
it seems that 3ds hacking seems to be progressing all the time so it can be a little overwhelming for noobs.

Beerus

Gbatemp's God Of Destruction
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
just use freeshop man saves you alot of time anf luma already patches dsi and gba games

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also with luma you can play out of regin games

butfluffy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the reply.
so luma3ds does plays out of region dsiware without the need to patch the roms.
thats the problem with so much outdated info everywhere. i read info from multiple sources stating that out of region dsiware titles need to be patched.

what about installing to the nand though? is this still the only way to play dsiware titles?

as for freeshop i would prefer to download games on my pc using wiiusbhelper then keep a backup and move the cias to my 3ds as and when i want to play them.

Last edited by butfluffy,

butfluffy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
3ds.guide is the site i'm going to use for the luma3ds installation.
it seems i will be directly installing bs9 becuase my n3ds firmware is 10.x.x so i will have to use the Homebrew Launcher (soundhax) method.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🖕 JM :tpi::rofl2: