Hacking DSiWare Games Not Working - Please help

Valiant9754

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I bought and downloaded Sudoku from the DSiWare eShop but when I try to run it, white screen flashes and then it goes to the dark grey screen giving me the option to power off or go to the home screen.

I've got a 2DS with original firmware 11.8.0-41E.

I bought another DSiWare game and still have the same issue. I downloaded a 3DS demo and that works fine.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Dan

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Hi all, I bought and downloaded Sudoku from the DSiWare eShop but when I try to run it, white screen flashes and then it goes to the dark grey screen giving me the option to power off or go to the home screen.

I've got a 2DS with original firmware 11.8.0-41E.

I bought another DSiWare game and still have the same issue. I downloaded a 3DS demo and that works fine.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Dan
Ever had cfw on this system or did you buy it used?

Sounds like twl brick.

It really surprises me how many 3ds's are in this condition after cfw.

Last edited by zoogie,

FUrida

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi!
I have exactly the same problem.
I just recently bought a used N3ds and it was in very good condition.

I loadad some credits and bought 2 dsi ware games. When I start them, the sound crackles, the screen flashes white for a fraction of a second and then only shows the screen where it askes me to shut donw or go back to the menu.

I do not know, if the previous owner had CFW on it.

Any solution for this?

Thank you very much in advance!

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi!
I do not know, if the previous owner had CFW on it.

Any solution for this?

Thank you very much in advance!
Did you check if cfw is installed (hold Select while booting)? Any traces on the SD-card?

If there is no sign of cfw on the device, it’s a chicken and egg situation: You can repair broken DS functionality – if you already have cfw running. But you can’t install B9S with Seedminer/Frogminer while your DS mode is broken. Damn!

Your best friend for this problem is an ntrboot compatible flashcard – like the R4i Gold 3DS Plus

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you check if cfw is installed (hold Select while booting)? Any traces on the SD-card?

If there is no sign of cfw on the device, it’s a chicken and egg situation: You can repair broken DS functionality – if you already have cfw running. But you can’t install B9S with Seedminer/Frogminer while your DS mode is broken. Damn!

Your best friend for this problem is an ntrboot compatible flashcard – like the R4i Gold 3DS Plus
just a heads up. you are probably gonna want to be linking to something other than nds card.com as their site went zerk and there are no real clear answers on what went on.

*dont mind me. It seems they finally got their site back on track. Just takes awhile to get it running.

Last edited by lone_wolf323,
Reactions: zoogie

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

FUrida

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks!

I am glad having an old DSI laying around. I used a R4i 3ds rts card to ntrboot it.
This helped me at least getting my 3ds to CFWagain. But following the troubleshoot for getting the ds functuality back did not help. The DSi Ware still only results in a promt to shut down my device :(

Any further advice?

Thanks in advance!

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Troubleshooting? Whats gone wrong? Was the installation successful?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Delete the old "boot.firm" (safeb9sinstaller) and put the latest luma version to the root of your sd card.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some Games require you to be in DS/DSi Mode to work. Others require you to Install the .cia versions of them. Seem to work fine, but I am wondering if it is possible to use Cheats in DS/DSi Mode???????
Running the latest Luma3DS. For now though, will continue using my DSTwo.

FUrida

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Some Games require you to be in DS/DSi Mode to work. Others require you to Install the .cia versions of them. Seem to work fine, but I am wondering if it is possible to use Cheats in DS/DSi Mode???????
Running the latest Luma3DS. For now though, will continue using my DSTwo.

I tried it in DS Mode. The screen flickers just as in normal mode, only in a smaller frame. I think the previous owner had CFW and somehow restored it and thus breaking the DS/DSi functuality. I am good with that, but I feel a bit cheated...

If I find a way to restore that, I will post it here.

Thanks so far.

Reactions: Smoker1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hey qwerty look at that you ain't the youngest here anymore