DSiWare Exploit Sudokuhax

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by tempBOT, Jan 27, 2011.

1. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    Interesting. I guess that calculation is not the same as the DSi key, though. I would be surprised if the key's calculation method was the same as the Wii's. I doubt it though. What lead me to think it was in the system is because the key is recognized across every system made, and if it verifies the key, it would allow it, and since there is one for each console specifically and one for all of them, the key would be in the system to verify it.

2. Ron

Ron somehow a weeb now.

Dec 10, 2009
    Canada
    here
    Well, lets keep our hopes up

3. martin88

martin88 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 18, 2005
    Canada
    Got my copy of Sudoku in time.

Hopefully this will lead to ability to run DSiWare titles.

4. Schnida

Schnida Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 12, 2010
    Swaziland
    C'mon Guys. I have 1200 Shop Points atm. I do not care what game you will use for the next exploit [​IMG]

5. Ron

Ron somehow a weeb now.

Dec 10, 2009
    Canada
    here
    And it's a DSiWare hack again

6. SifJar

SifJar Not a pirate

Apr 4, 2009
    It is the exact same algorithm used for any system that uses AES128 encryption (or is it AES256? I'm pretty sure its AES of some sort - Used in Wii and DSi. PS3 uses different encryption algorithm I belive - ECDSA or something like that). That doesn't help at all though. The reason the PS3 keys could be calculated was Sony made a monumental screw up in implementing that algorithm. Nintendo seem to have done it properly (which I believe isn't hard if you read the specs before implementing it), which makes it impossible to calculate by mathematical means. The Wii's private key has never been calculated/found, and it is very unlikely the DSi's will be either.

The private key isn't needed on each system, because that's the whole point of public-private key crypto. Stuff is signed with private key, then decrypted and verified with the public key. I have no idea how this works, but it does. And it means that the only copy of the private key is in Nintendo HQ, probably only ever been seen by a few people.

7. Goofy Time

Goofy Time GBAtemp Fan

Feb 12, 2007
    United States
    Does this mean they have more DSiWare hacks planned?

8. Ziggy Zigzagoon

Ziggy Zigzagoon GBAtemp Fan

Aug 6, 2010
    ...time to scramble for more Wii Points.

9. Rukia-san

Rukia-san GBAtemp Regular

Apr 24, 2010
    France
    So true but I patched my game nonetheless I didn't want to miss the upportunity but now that I think about it... Do you guys know what kind of data was sent? Don't tell me there is the Nintendo Club ID or the visa numbers or something private? I'm kinda scared now.

10. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    We don't have the Wii's "master" key, only the decryption key.

11. SifJar

SifJar Not a pirate

Apr 4, 2009
    Most likely to try and stop Nintendo from seeing the actual hack as much as possible. Just a guess of course.

12. napalamman

napalamman Member

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2007
    Philippines
    So what system version does it need for the Dsi homebrew to work? do i need to download the latest version?

13. Ron

Ron somehow a weeb now.

Dec 10, 2009
    Canada
    here
    Basically, as of writing time, Sudokuhax is busted. If you weren't one of the 234 people who got it, then you don't have DSiBrew.

14. caitsith2

caitsith2 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 16, 2004
    Canada
    a secret location 93 million miles from the sun
    Actually, if you have had that version, It is still possible for those that have bought it in the past, to redownload it if they have lost every local copy they ever had.

Even though the title isn't listed in the main shop, if a person has bought it, it will be listed in their "Titles you downloaded" under the setting part of the shop channel, and it can be downloaded from there.

As of me writing this post, there are 268 people that have sudokuhax for sure. THere may still be more people out there that have purchased that game at some point.

15. DiZ420

DiZ420 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2010
    United States
    mildonkey
    i bought sudoku

16. Schizoanalysis

Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Jun 23, 2009
    Please let it be available on Japanese DSiware too this time!!!!!

I missed out the other time as I have a Japanese console.

17. BlueStar

BlueStar GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 10, 2006
    UK
    Glad I downloaded it early [​IMG]

18. 8BitWalugi

8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Mar 22, 2008
    Australia
    Side 7
    You're being a bit TOO paranoid. That info is stored with Nintendo with your DSi Shop Account details.

19. opal

opal Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2008
    Poland
    i got the game but still haven't tried it, just waiting for something better. I think there are much more people who think just like me and they are just waiting with the game purchased [​IMG]

20. TwoBladedKnight

TwoBladedKnight GBAtemp Fan

May 17, 2009
    I had the sudoku game since I first got my DSi [​IMG] I got the haxx!