Hacking DSiWare Downgrade with almost ANY DSiWare Game!

Nintendo4DSXL

Pokémon-Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So i tried to do the Dsiware hax with the new method. downloaded Faceez! Monsters and ran it, but came up with "no dsiware titles were detected in nand with a matching exploit directory on sd"

wtf am i doing wrong?
The new Waithax method only works with the 4 Original Games
  • Fieldrunners
  • Legends of Exidia
  • Guitar Rock Tour
  • The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords

Jonalpha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Guys, If I have no one of those games in the list, can I just forget this exploit, or it's possible to buy the game now? (I think no because I need to do the update to go in the store.)

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, If I have no one of those games in the list, can I just forget this exploit, or it's possible to buy the game now? (I think no because I need to do the update to go in the store.)

All four games are now been removed from the eshop.

Last edited by Akira,

ArmoredGuns1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I successfully transferred a Rytmik Rock Edition in an American console. Followed the guide, did the injection and transferred as Sudoku. Succesfully downgraded the console. I'm posting this because I've read a couple of times that SUDOKU doesn't work, well Rytmik Rock Edition does work well.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I successfully transferred a Rytmik Rock Edition in an American console. Followed the guide, did the injection and transferred as Sudoku. Succesfully downgraded the console. I'm posting this because I've read a couple of times that SUDOKU doesn't work, well Rytmik Rock Edition does work well.

IIRC it was the EUR dsi game that was having trouble

Reactions: ArmoredGuns1

grafate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only if it's on 9.2 or less

So I have menuhax 9.2 sys booting 11.2 emu right now. So if I make a new emunand with 9.2 I can then use godmode9 to do the injection steps. Then after that update emunand to 11.2 and perform the transfer? Is that what I would do?

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though Four Swords is pulled from eShop, can you still redownload it if you downloaded it before?
I'll place it on my 11.2 emuNAND just incase I ever get a New 3DS, which is unlikely, but still, better be prepared ^^

Txustra

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have a question regarding Dsiwarehax downgrade:

Is it compulsory to have a NNID linked in your source 3DS or you can do it without having a NNID linked?

And quoting from Plailect's guide:

"All variations of sysUpdater, not just sysDowngrader, have a very small chance of causing a “soft brick” once the downgrade is complete and the device reboots. This will cause the system to boot directly to the Nintendo error screen instructing users to power off the device.

The reason for this is unknown, but can be prevented by performing a system format before downgrading. It seems to happen very often on systems with ambassador status or who have DSiWare installed.
"

Does that mean I have to format target 3ds after doing the nfirm downgrade? Do I lose it?

Last edited by Txustra,

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question regarding Dsiwarehax downgrade:

Is it compulsory to have a NNID linked in your source 3DS or you can do it without having a NNID linked?
No, you can do it without NNID.

Does that mean I have to format target 3ds after doing the nfirm downgrade? Do I lose it?
No, you have to format it before doing anything with it. It's just a precaution to avoid soft brick/

Txustra

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

No, you have to format it before doing anything with it. It's just a precaution to avoid soft brick/

So all I have to do is format the target 3DS before doing anything and then follow the guide?

Goombi

my_crypto = meme_crypto
Trophies
Website
www.goombi.fr
XP
Country
France

I'm genuinely curious about how a format could prevent a soft brick during DG.
Isn't the system format only clearing user data? But sysUpdater only downgrade system titles :/
Anyone has an explanation?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...