Dsiware downgrade - Redo it or should I wait?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Justinde75, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Justinde75
    OP

Justinde75 VGM Addict

Feb 14, 2016
    Germany
    Iwatodai Dorm
    So, I have 15 euro with me, and I could go out and buy a card and redo the dsiware downgrade. But I heard some stuff about a free downgrade coming out soon.
    What should I do?

2. el_gonz87

el_gonz87 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2016
    United States
    "Soon" has not been established yet, so it could be next week, next month, or next year...

It's up to you, wait an undetermined amount of time or hack it now.

3. cravas

cravas GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 30, 2016
    Portugal
    Oeiras
    It's really up to you. If you want to downgrade NOW then do the DSiware downgrade and be done with it. (Fieldrunners is only €5).
    You'll have to have an already hacked console for it (running either emunand or CFW).

If you want to wait (and by wait, I mean: noone will be able to tell you how long) then just wait.
    It won't be free since you'll have to still buy Fieldrunners but on the un-hacked console.

Your call...

4. Justinde75
    OP

Justinde75 VGM Addict

Feb 14, 2016
    Germany
    Iwatodai Dorm
    I know. Its just that I am scared to do it again lol

5. cravas

cravas GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 30, 2016
    Portugal
    Oeiras
    Well, either with the available method or the new (yet to come) one, the procedure will be exactly the same.
    Only difference will be that, now you need another hacked console and when the new method arrives, you'll do it straight on the un-hacked console.

All the risks that exists now will exist on the new method. (Mainly, the downgrade to 9.2)

6. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal Seriel's Original Stalker

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    Actually, he'd want to run both EmuNAND AND CFW if he wants an EmuNAND. Just saying.