DSIWare Downgrade Question.

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by SkyQueen, Dec 3, 2016.

1. SkyQueen
    OP

SkyQueen Arch3DS Developer || B0MBrHax

Apr 23, 2016
    Japan
    Seteguya-ku, Tokyo, Japan
    I recently bought a new 3ds XL and it is sitting at 11.2.0-35U

My A9LH CFW console is an Old 3DS XL on 11.2.0-35J

Can i do the system transfer soft downgrade between regions by chance?

I can just do a hardmod myself if not but i would really rather avoid touching the innerds of my console.

2. el_gonz87

el_gonz87 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2016
    United States
    Hmmmm most people will say no. But since you have o3ds you can try region swap + 3 sd card trick to fix eshop and create.new NNID.

If you get this spot then yes. Otherwise no.

3. eldavo2090

eldavo2090 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 21, 2014
    Mexico
    Dinosaur Land, Donut Plains
    I have a question, so i have this n3ds, i want to do the DSiWare hax..the problem is that the n3ds has a sav of Pokemon sun in its sd card and I don't have an entry point to homebrew right now to back it up with a save manager... its there any way to keep the save of the n3ds AFTER the system transfer?

4. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Try your Pokémon Sun cartridge in another console. If the save is there you're OK, if not, when you format your console to be able to do the transfer, your save will be lost. You can export your Pokémon to Pokémon Bank and then get them back afterward by linking the original NNID again.

5. eldavo2090

eldavo2090 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 21, 2014
    Mexico
    Dinosaur Land, Donut Plains
    Ok got that covered, but i ran into another issue, i did a system transfer and the 10.4 downgrade, but my steelhax does not take me to the homebrew loader, it just goes black and shows that an error has occurred, i have put manually the necessary payloads and everything but it cannot boot hl...

6. el_gonz87

el_gonz87 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2016
    United States
    You did not install the exploit for the correct firmware, which should have been the target 3DS. What is the target firmware on? (see system settings)

7. SkyQueen
    OP

SkyQueen Arch3DS Developer || B0MBrHax

Apr 23, 2016
    Japan
    Seteguya-ku, Tokyo, Japan
    All you'd have to do for the save is export the sun save then import it back to the new copy after the system transfer then your save will be fine and back