Hacking DSiware downgrade question

RedBlueGreen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not true. I have a Eur 3DS and system transferred while VVVVVV was removed and it transferred fine.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes. Every time you format and make a new NNID, or format and do a system transfer (from a console with an NNID) another NNID gets linked to that console on Nintendo's servers.
If the source 3DS has a NNID but it isn't signed in, do you know if the NNID will still be transferred, or will it stay on the source 3DS? Or if the source console is signed into a different NNID than I want to keep on it?

Last edited by RedBlueGreen,

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the source 3DS has a NNID but it isn't signed in, do you know if the NNID will still be transferred, or will it stay on the source 3DS? Or if the source console is signed into a different NNID than I want to keep on it?
System Transfer will move every single NNID associated with the source console to the destination, regardless of whether they are signed in. To get one of them moved back requires contacting Nintendo or doing another system transfer in the other direction after 7 days (doesn't work N3DS -> O3DS and moves all NNIDs back to the original console, including ones that were on the new console).

Reactions: Quantumcat

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Every single NNID that is linked to the source console, whether active/signed in or not, will be linked to the target after the transfer. You will be able to use any linked NNID with a console. If you sign in with an NNID and want to use another you'll probably have to format the console in between rather than signing out/signing in with another.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Every single NNID that is linked to the source console, whether active/signed in or not, will be linked to the target after the transfer. You will be able to use any linked NNID with a console. If you sign in with an NNID and want to use another you'll probably have to format the console in between rather than signing out/signing in with another.
I think it's quite dumb the user can't have profiles like the Wii U uses... The NNID "transparency" couldn't possibly be more opaque.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD