DSiWare downgrade help

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by hapse, Dec 26, 2016.

1. hapse
    OP

hapse Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2011
    Hi
    So for xmas I got myself a new 3ds :) It is at version 11.0.0-33E and I also got a old 3ds which got cfw and is at 11.2.0-35E.
    I've been following this guide and have reached "Section VIII - Backing up the target 3DS’s NFIRM" but for some reason it didn't copy over the DSiWare.. So now I'm stuck at step 4.. So what can I do now?

-Hapse

edit: btw my entrypoint is basehaxx which works just fine :)

Last edited by hapse, Dec 26, 2016
  2. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    Your only option is to restore the nand backup that i know you made and wait a week to try again. Though im assuming the issue is that you pirated the game, and pirated games do not transfer. Use tiksweep to get rid of all the tickets on your console, and buy one of these games: https://3ds.guide/dsiware-list

3. hapse
    OP

hapse Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2011
    Yep did a NAND backup so that's fine :)
    I did buy the game like I bought all the DSiWare games I had but none got transferred so would could have been the problem?
    Thanks

4. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    There are 2 different types of transfers. One only transfers tickets and nnid, while the other transfers everything. Usually the 1st one is performed when the target sd card is smaller than the source sd card. Alao if you didnt select move dsiware games to sd card that would do it too.

5. hapse
    OP

hapse Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2011
    Ah I guess that's what might have caused it then.. My old sd card is a lot bigger than the one in the new one.. Thanks :)

6. hapse
    OP

hapse Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2011
    Hi, so just to be sure, the plan is:
    • I install a bigger SD card into my new 3ds that's bigger than the SD in my old 3ds.
    • Wait 1 week then restore the NAND on my old 3ds
    • Format my new 3ds? Since I already did a transfer from the old (which failed since I didn't get my dsiware in the transfer)
    • Transfer once again from my old to new
    Thanks again :)

7. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    Looks good, but call Nintendo and transfer your nnid back to the o3ds, since technically the o3ds doesn't own the dsi game legit anymore and thus can't be transferred.

hapse likes this.